20th Anniversary SVT Cobra in 2013

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Excellent post and article links!!!

Thank you for posting that!:rockon::beer:

Actually if nothing else everyone should read this to get a sense of what is going on at Ford. I have also done my part to help Ford. I bought a 2011 Mustang V6. I will also buy a new SVT Cobra/GT500 if the deal is a bit better for $50K. Just remember in this price range $50-$60 there is some strong competition.

Ford: Epiphany in Dearborn | The Economist
ENJOY

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the Shelby connection was a fixed time period and that it is about to expire soon, without renewal.
:pop:

You are Correct. John Chlor (former SVT) Spoke at an SVTOA cruise in the Dells last October. He said that the "Shelby" name was "rented" and will expire in a year or two (can't remember) He also said Ford was holding back some great ideas to use under their own name. He then smiled and said "You Ain't seen nothing yet."
I hope this statement rings true!! I already like what I see.

AaronK

Established Member
You are Correct. John Chlor (former SVT) Spoke at an SVTOA cruise in the Dells last October. He said that the "Shelby" name was "rented" and will expire in a year or two (can't remember) He also said Ford was holding back some great ideas to use under their own name. He then smiled and said "You Ain't seen nothing yet."
I hope this statement rings true!! I already like what I see.

Can't wait! By the time they drop the Shelby name, I'll be ready to buy another one :beer:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Great discussion. I've had a sour taste in my mouth for Shelby ever since that story came out about his heart foundation giving out virtually none of the charitable donations it took in, instead paying friends and family of Shelby lavish salaries to do next to zero work. Then he's been whoring that crappy oil additive that you see on TV and, finally, his company's involvement on a tiny fraction of the production work on the GT500 adds thousands to the cost.

I love the classic Shelbys and always will but I'm ready for Ford to end this chapter in its storied musclecar history. It's a win-win for both Shelby owners and Shelby skeptics.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I don't see them ever dropping the Shelby name at this point

I agree.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the Shelby connection was a fixed time period and that it is about to expire soon, without renewal.

:pop:

I just watched a program on Carol Shelby Monday before going to work. They said the deal with Ford has made both sides money. Watching the program and the interviews I do not think that they will let the relationship lapse. It would not be good for either side.

Users who are viewing this thread