sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
The kid sounds worthy of having a cell, but the texting appears to be outta control. Have you done the math and figured out how many per day that is? That's 723.3 per day (30 day month), and 30 per hour assuming they stayed up 24 hours straight. That's 60 per hour assuming a normal 12 hour wakey wakey time. Sheesh.

Sapperstang

Established Member
One of those freaks who wander around with their face stuck into phone tripping over curbs. Sad.

Sarge_13

Established Member
Good point. A lot of her texts have meaning. Of course there are some that are "K" or "NP", but most are meaningful. The catch?....she's bringing on a whole new meaning to short hand. She can 'shorthand' a word in text like you wouldnt' believe. :lol:
And you don't Mike? It takes me longer to decipher what you text than it takes to respond :lol:
The kid sounds worthy of having a cell, but the texting appears to be outta control. Have you done the math and figured out how many per day that is? That's 723.3 per day (30 day month), and 30 per hour assuming they stayed up 24 hours straight. That's 60 per hour assuming a normal 12 hour wakey wakey time. Sheesh.

Jesus Christ 3 other people in this thread already did the math. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

I don't text near as much as I used to, 2290 this month.

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
And you don't Mike? It takes me longer to decipher what you text than it takes to respond :lol:

Jesus Christ 3 other people in this thread already did the math. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

Sorry. Didn't have the time to read through all five pages of responses. I was too busy TEXTING!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
One of those freaks who wander around with their face stuck into phone tripping over curbs. Sad.
YOu apparently haven't read the thread either. :nonono:

AHAHHAHA....Dude, she's WORSE than I am man. I have to decipher her shit sometimes. Cracks me up.

Sorry. Didn't have the time to read through all five pages of responses. I was too busy TEXTING!
OK, now THAT was funny.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
The OP's daughter is an anomaly. Most kids that have high texting levels are texting at all hours. At night when they should be sleeping, during family and social gatherings, while driving (<<by far the worst), and even during school. Kids have found a way to be plugged into their social life every second of the day and it typically affects kids more than the aforementioned anomaly. Just in my podunk little town, kids are getting into wrecks and killing other people because they thought they were driving a phone booth and not a car. Parents seriously need to tighten the reigns on their kids' texting.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
The OP's daughter is an anomaly. Most kids that have high texting levels are texting at all hours. At night when they should be sleeping, during family and social gatherings, while driving (<<by far the worst), and even during school. Kids have found a way to be plugged into their social life every second of the day and it typically affects kids more than the aforementioned anomaly. Just in my podunk little town, kids are getting into wrecks and killing other people because they thought they were driving a phone booth and not a car. Parents seriously need to tighten the reigns on their kids' texting.

She is an anomaly in a few things. :lol:

Seriously though, she's just that great of a kid. But I definitely keep my eyes and ears open, because I know mentality tends to change in H.S. I definitely comment here and there on it, so she doesn't get too glued to it. Since she will be a freshman this year, I'm definitely goign ot be talking to her abotu it. relationships (family, friends, sig.) strive on communication as the key, IMO. :beer:

RussZTT

Established Member
So I thought we had texting on our corporate plan for one of my jobs. My ex and I used to fight in text cause we didn't want to speak to one another. My bill came and it was $1,006.xx. Not sure how many text messages that is. The normal bill is $76.xx

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
She is an anomaly in a few things. :lol:

Seriously though, she's just that great of a kid. But I definitely keep my eyes and ears open, because I know mentality tends to change in H.S. I definitely comment here and there on it, so she doesn't get too glued to it. Since she will be a freshman this year, I'm definitely goign ot be talking to her abotu it. relationships (family, friends, sig.) strive on communication as the key, IMO. :beer:

If only more parents were like you. I'm tired of almost getting run off the road by a texter. I'm installing train horns on my next car.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I just checked. My billing cylce ended the 16th. I am up to 767 so far. That means if I keep it up i could hit 3000/month

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Wow I think I might avg like 8k in a YEAR! lol....21k in mo is insane! lol

Users who are viewing this thread