$2500 to mod 93 cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake_93

Established Member
I posted on another board but no one wanted to offer their opinion. I will have about $2500 to mod my car and want to keep it N/A.

Mods so far are:
Pro 5.0
BBK ceramic coated shorties
2 chamber flowmasters

What would you do to a 93 cobra with $2500?

sibs4972

Established Member
underdrive pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, H-pipe (or X depending on preference), flowmaster or magnaflow catback, umm there's more I'm just too damned tired to think of it. Hope that's a good start for you :thumbsup:

sibs4972

Established Member
oh yeah 275s on the rear, they will fit on the stock rims, believe me.

ObieFox

Established Member
Snake93,
I would go with a good quality stainless X-pipe and Cat-back. Bassani is my choice. If you go with a CatX, the bassani combo will set you back about $900 bucks. Magnaflow is another good option. Their combo would set you back about $600.

Next, I would go with a set of high flow Alum heads. AFR, Edelbrock, Trick Flow, take your pick they all perform well. I would go with the AFR 185's. The heads will set you back about $1,100.

Finally, you need 3.73 gears and a C&L 76mm '93 Cobra specific MAF. The gears can be had for $175 and the MAF is about $200.

$900 Bassani Exhaust
$1,100 Alum Heads
$175 Gears
$200 MAF

Total: $2,375.00 Hopefully you can do the wrenching yourself on everything but the gears. Use the $125 left over to pay for the gear install.

You don't need to worry about underdrive pulleys, since the '93 Cobra ALREADY has factory underdrive pulleys. While the alum driveshafts do look nice and will help you drop a few pounds, I wouldn't spend the $200 right now if you are primarily looking for increased performance.

Good luck with your project!

Kevin

DeVus1

Established Member
Im with Obiefox, get a good set of heads and a better flowing exhaust.

Edit: Forgot to say that 93 Cobras had the same size pullies as the GTs/LXs and that underdrive pullies will still need to be purchased.

Last edited:

sibs4972

Established Member
Originally posted by ObieFox
You don't need to worry about underdrive pulleys, since the '93 Cobra ALREADY has factory underdrive pulleys.

Well, I guess the 93 Cobra that DeVus, then I owned must have be a rare find, as I didn't have UDPs. :shrug:

93 red snake

Established Member
off road h or x pipe, 3.73's, shifter, nitto's, upper and lower control arms, lowering springs, cc plates, and a 125 shot.......... all 93 cobra's have underdriven pullies they are 14% underdriven.

Last edited:

DeVus1

Established Member
Originally posted by 93 red snake
off road h or x pipe, 3.73's, shifter, nitto's, upper and lower control arms, lowering springs, cc plates, and a 125 shot.......... all 93 cobra's have underdriven pullies they are 14% underdriven.

The only thing underdriven around here is your brain.

DeVus1

Established Member
helllllllllooooooo where did devus1 go?

Sorry I have other things to do than to spend my life on this board.

Anyways, Accessory pulleys Underdrive style, does not mean Underdrive Pullies. Only ONE of the pullies was slightly smaller (crank pulley I think). Find someone with UDPs and compare, you will see a huge difference.

93 red snake

Established Member
lol..................... crank was underdriven waterpump was overdriven. u said none were.............lol u knew it all along just testing us..............lol

Last edited:

sibs4972

Established Member
so i guess we all now agree the 93 cobra came with underdrive pullies. what a dumb sh_t:lol:

I disagree. :cuss:

93 red snake

Established Member
no shit sherlock. the crank pully is 14% underdriven the waterpump pulley is overdriven. if the crank pulley is smaller it's underdriven. then if the waterpump pulley is smaller it's overdriven to compensate for the smaller crank pulley just like a aftermarket set. maybe not as much but still underdriven dumbass!!!!!!!!!!
or devus1 whichever u like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread