26 Inputshaft???

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
How much of a difference is there from a 10 spline and a 26 spline I have a brand new 26 spline but I really don't have the money to install it and I need a clutch soon, so what I want to know is if it's really a big difference between a 10 and a 26 spline In the future I want to go for like 600-650 RWHP

Let me know what you guys think:burnout:

beerMuscles03

Established Member
How much of a difference is there from a 10 spline and a 26 spline I have a brand new 26 spline but I really don't have the money to install it and I need a clutch soon, so what I want to know is if it's really a big difference between a 10 and a 26 spline In the future I want to go for like 600-650 RWHP

Let me know what you guys think:burnout:

bump same question here.

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
my car is stock with just a jlt and i did a 26 spline input shaft. im planning on higher hp down the road, but with the tranny out i couldnt see not doing it. cheap insurance!

bl831

Established Member
my car is 648hp/730tq (on 75 shot) 577/530 off spray...I saw this thread researching what to do to beef it up. Do it before it breaks, cause its a pain. Broke mine getting on the interstate no nitrous, street tune, shifted out of 2nd at about 4500, got in 3rd and it broke. So it can happen, when you aren't even at the 650hp-ish level.

Helomech74

Established Member
Do the install yourself. Very easy to do, should take about an hour tops to get it in and shimmed correctly. Count another 45minutes to an hour to get the tranny out of the car.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i got my spec 3 plus clucth and steel tob slevve, and the 26 spline input shaft, i have not put it in yet , im looking at it right now.

i got a 10 spline right now and stock clucth too . i havent ran it at the track yet, but the 10 sp. seems to be holding up , im not sure about at the track hooking ? thats why i went ahead and got it.

if you cars light , and dont have stick tires you should be okay.

my cars 3660 without me and 1/4 tank of gas. with me add 175lbs

SlowSVT

Established Member
The splines on the stock shaft are soo deep makes it have the same effective diameter as the pilot bearing :uh oh:

nuff said

AaronK

Established Member
I just snapped my input shaft on a fairly stock car... 450hp with a 6 puck clutch, broke in 2nd gear... (I'm a dumbass for using a sticky clutch with stock input shaft)

Replace it yourself, it's not too hard

Users who are viewing this thread