26s spline input shaft length?

elcobrita

Established Member
Ok guys good news for those questioning the input shaft. I finished up the tranny install today. Everything bolted up and took the car for a cruise. INPUT SHAFT WILL WORK.

I just have some issues--- The TOB is not supposed to ride on the fingers correct? I tried to adjust my cable and when I got my tob to not ride on the fingers, my clutch pedal was real loose. It had about 6-9 inches of free play. Anybody have any suggestions?

fordfx584

Established Member
Bringing post up from the grave. I called around for days with no luck until I contacted Tremec directley and they reccomended Dederichs Motorsports out of Texas. I called and he said he only had one or two left of the modifed GM 26 splines so I grabbed one for 497$ shipped.Joe at the shop said he should be fabbing some more very shortly in any one else is interested.Shaft is a hair longer as I expected but guys are saying they are working fine so I'm not too concerned. http://i3.photobucket.com/album/y73/fordfx584/Mobile uploads/20150716_161402.jpg

Attachments

• 20150716_161402.jpeg
    20150716_161402.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107

cj428mach

Established Member
Waffleman installed his from dedrich and it made terrible gear noise. He took it to a transmission shop thinking his install was wrong, the shop said the install was correct and that it was the shaft. They put in a new tremec part and last I heard from him its as quiet as stock now.

fordfx584

Established Member
Well hopefully Waffle man's was a fluke because lots of other guys are running them with zero issues?

WaffleMan

Established Member
Mine from dedrichs sounded horrible, looked to be perfectly fine too. I got a real one from tremec on lightning force performance eBay page awhile back. Trans shop said it could have been the pitch of the teeth or something, don't really know why it sounded the way it did, the tremec unit cured it though.

Users who are viewing this thread