2kR Brembo Pad Retainer Pins & Spring?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Does anyone know where to buy Brembo pad retainer hardware?

I did find them on the LPI Racing website, but my experience with that company in the past has not been a positive one.
http://www.livermoreperformance.com/brake_home.html

Not to mention $101 for 4 pins and 2 springs seems a little out of line:shrug:

Larry:

Brembo is such a bunch of scalping bastards! :kaboom::cuss: Seriously you only need one spare pin. Forget the spring. You'll never need one. I have a spare pin I can drop in the mail to you for $10.00 mail charges included.

Let me know. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

PETSNKE

Established Member
Bruce,
After 25 track days with Hawk Blue pads, the pad springs are deformed from heat. Not a big deal if this was a track only car, but I still drive it on the street and it causes the brakes to squeel as the car comes to a complete stop. I was just going to get a set of new pins while I was at it. I'm paranoid the spring steel retainer at the end will come off and will shorten my day at the track. At $14 each I might just do what you recommend, keep one spare.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,
After 25 track days with Hawk Blue pads, the pad springs are deformed from heat. Not a big deal if this was a track only car, but I still drive it on the street and it causes the brakes to squeel as the car comes to a complete stop. I was just going to get a set of new pins while I was at it. I'm paranoid the spring steel retainer at the end will come off and will shorten my day at the track. At $14 each I might just do what you recommend, keep one spare.

I've got some pad retainer springs that have been pretty hot. They still seem to be fiine. But not a big deal to get some new ones if you'll sleep better at night. ;-)

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Is there any life cycle on the split-ring spring on the end of the pin?
I had been thinking of replacing mine someday just to feel safe.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Is there any life cycle on the split-ring spring on the end of the pin?
I had been thinking of replacing mine someday just to feel safe.

I don't think so. Mine kept going and going and going! As long as they are tight, you're good to go!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I have four seasons into these calipers with close to 40 track days and probably three times as many autocross events. The springs have never lost their....spring....but it is probably a good idea to have spares in the bin.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Ahhhh...but it's not how many days on the calipers, it's how many pad changes.
And for some who bum rides on their friend's trailers and don't have to change pads at the track.....:D

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Yes, but the pads still need to be changed out as often.....it just happens at home is all.

Users who are viewing this thread