2nd Gen T/A's.......anyone into them?

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I recently sold my 2012 GT and in the process of paying off some debt as well as setting aside some money for a future car. I'm pretty well set on adding another classic to the garage.

I figured I'd always pick up another classic Stang, but I've always been drawn to Pontiacs as well. I've had an older LeMans and my parents always had Pontiacs as cars when I was growing up. Always liked them.

So brings me to my topic, I'm leaning very hard towards looking for a 2nd Gen T/A. Not so much a Bandit car, though those are not out of the question. I'm really into the 73 T/As as well as the 77/78 cars. Thinking more of a restomod car. the thought of something different interests me.

So anyone else into 2nd Gen T/As? If so I'd love to see some pics. How can anyone not like these cars:rockon:

jleews6

Established Member
I have always liked the 77 to 79 cars. I just sold a black 77. I was going to do an LS swap but have to many other projects right now.

skratpiece

Established Member
Yeah, I like them too. I did a little research about the Bandit Car after "Fast N Loud" did their Bandit Tribute episode. I wasn't too impressed with the drivetrain in that build, but the car was great and it made a cool episode. So, yes, I have always loved the T/A particularily and have always wanted one, but being a Ford lover with 100's of Mustang dream cars, I will probably always choose the mustang.

crazycarlo

Established Member
i had a 73 firebird. I loved that car. I f I had an abundance of money I'd deff do a pro touring themed 73 firebird. Go to Detroit speed incs website and look at the 2 they have done.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Yeah, I like them too. I did a little research about the Bandit Car after "Fast N Loud" did their Bandit Tribute episode. I wasn't too impressed with the drivetrain in that build, but the car was great and it made a cool episode. So, yes, I have always loved the T/A particularily and have always wanted one, but being a Ford lover with 100's of Mustang dream cars, I will probably always choose the mustang.

I always love me some Blue oval's, I'm actually looking into 65/66 Galaxie 500 or Fairlane's as well. Just wanting something you don't see everyday.

i had a 73 firebird. I loved that car. I f I had an abundance of money I'd deff do a pro touring themed 73 firebird. Go to Detroit speed incs website and look at the 2 they have done.

I'll check it out, thanks

I know this is not what you are looking at but I found it interesting. A member on Viperalley is doing a very nice restoration on an 80' turbo Trans Am pace car.

1980 turbo trans am pace car resto - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Nice!

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Some of my favorite cars ever are 2nd gen birds. 74 SD is my all time favorite. Lots of HIDDEN rust can be found in this cars though be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread