2nd Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association Organizational Meetin

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Sounds like you guys had a great meeting. I wish we could have been there. THe kids wold have loved to see the field. I am happy to hear you all would like to come back to Gettysburg! I was thinking sooner than Spring because we all had such a great time but I know the weather will be turning on us. Well, anyone can stop by anytime for dinner with us, we would love to have you all! The battlefield cruise would be great and if anyone is interested, girls especially, the new Boyds Bear Barn is in the same area, has a huge parking lot, and is really something to see. Did you guys ever come up with a hat idea at the meeting?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by MYSTIC MAMA
Sounds like you guys had a great meeting. I wish we could have been there. THe kids wold have loved to see the field. I am happy to hear you all would like to come back to Gettysburg! I was thinking sooner than Spring because we all had such a great time but I know the weather will be turning on us. Well, anyone can stop by anytime for dinner with us, we would love to have you all! The battlefield cruise would be great and if anyone is interested, girls especially, the new Boyds Bear Barn is in the same area, has a huge parking lot, and is really something to see. Did you guys ever come up with a hat idea at the meeting?

Yup. We just need ideas for the emblem/insignia. It seems like we have the people and the ability to get hats, shirts and stickers to be made up relatively quickly. Many have offered their help for embroidery, vinyl stickers and hats, and it is appreciated. We will come to those of you who have volunteered it once we get some ideas on the drawing board for the insignia. If anyone's artistically gifted, I hope you send us some JPEGs to look at!! :thumbsup:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Re: Motto

Originally posted by micksnip
Sean-
I am interested in the minutes, but mainly the motto. Did we arrive at concensus using Roberts Rules of Order that the motto would be something harmless, unoffensive, yet inspiring and patriotic, like:
"Bin Laden Blows"?
I'm very interested in this matter, and think it would show more moxey than a motto like "Terminators Rule". There should be something tasteless about it to keep our patriotic spirits high and pump up the troops still fighting. What do you say? Micksnip
First order of business is completing the logo design......the idea of a club motto has not been mentioned at any of the organizational meetings. The MACA, while consisting of patriotic, loyal Americans, is not a political/world events type organization and having any motto that ventures into that area is not what the club is about, IMO.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I agree with the idea of no political agenda. Most of us probably deal with that at work on a different level. How about
" HERE TO HAVE FUN " If we have to have one.

I've got an idea for a logo but as far as drawing, I SUCK.
I was thinking a shadow of the Capitol building with the snake over it and MACA in letters like AC/DC ( the rock band)
Just a thought..

J.R.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by JRS BLOWN SNAKE
I agree with the idea of no political agenda. Most of us probably deal with that at work on a different level. How about
" HERE TO HAVE FUN " If we have to have one.

I was thinking a shadow of the Capitol building with the snake over it and MACA in letters like AC/DC ( the rock band)
Just a thought..

Sounds kinda cool to me... I'd have to see it though...

We HAVE to have some artistically gifted persons in the group. I certainly am not, nor is J.R. by his own words, so that still leaves 42 other people out there who could be!! :thumbsup:

We'd appreciate the help!! :bowdown:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by JRS BLOWN SNAKE
Just a thought..

J.R.
I actually gave my graphics guy a rough draft of a logo with the Capitol building, flanked by two Cobras with MACA in the middle. JR, I think I must of gotten the idea from you at some point. I gave him another design with a Cobra super-imposed over the Capitol.....called him today and waiting for an e-mail.....

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Dwight... We need to talk about the Dyno day... Linn sent me an e-mail and I'm not sure whether or not you've talked to her too...

Let me know man... I'm forwarding you the e-mail she sent me :thumbsup:

And for the rest of you, please call Linn at Amazon Racing 410-676-3433 and let her know that you're interested in the Dyno Day and would like to make an appointment for a few pulls. Price is looking like $50 for 2 pulls, if we get 10 people signed up.

Here's to the Amazon Racing Dyno Day on November 20 :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread