2V vs 4V example using pie crust

coposrv

Established Member
I haven't watched the video yet but in laughing already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfsram

Established Member
Don't forget to mention rolling pins = valvetrain, spatula = lifters, measuring cups= physical engine size, baking pans = rocker or valve covers.
The 4 valve requires twice as many or a bigger footprint which in this case is a bigger kitchen.

I'm a fan of multivalve but 2 valve is only a minor point away from 4 v in terms of flow. Dodge Hemi's and GM LS engines are not hurting in the flow department and have some not obvious advantages. One is size and simplicity.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Don't forget to mention rolling pins = valvetrain, spatula = lifters, measuring cups= physical engine size, baking pans = rocker or valve covers.
The 4 valve requires twice as many or a bigger footprint which in this case is a bigger kitchen.

I'm a fan of multivalve but 2 valve is only a minor point away from 4 v in terms of flow. Dodge Hemi's and GM LS engines are not hurting in the flow department and have some not obvious advantages. One is size and simplicity.

Remember though that cylinder heads on the 2v are covering bigger Pistons- so with the displacement of a 5.7 or 6.2 etc the heads would be even bigger with a DOHC setup..you're getting the same power output with smaller engines and would in theory get even more power on the bigger engines as they would have even bigger cylinder heads (of that makes sense)

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Remember though that cylinder heads on the 2v are covering bigger Pistons- so with the displacement of a 5.7 or 6.2 etc the heads would be even bigger with a DOHC setup..you're getting the same power output with smaller engines and would in theory get even more power on the bigger engines as they would have even bigger cylinder heads (of that makes sense)

Not really. 4.6 and 5.4 for example. Both have had 2 valve heads that can be swapped. Both use the same size piston. Deck height is the difference that creates the added displacement in this example.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Not really. 4.6 and 5.4 for example. Both have had 2 valve heads that can be swapped. Both use the same size piston. Deck height is the difference that creates the added displacement in this example.

That's a good point. I was referring to the bigger displacement GM/dodge engines with far bigger Pistons than a mod motor that's designed to share parts

Users who are viewing this thread