3/30 - Valley Circle Car meet - Burbank Hooters lunch cruise

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
Looks like the latest is only 10% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow morning... we're proably OK... but no sun :shrug:

Let's do it - Best Buy... Oxnard... 6:00 - 6:15am... be there :banana:

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Ill be there for sure...maybe even stay for the cruise

Troy, did you go today? We saw a Redfire going through the lot but were too far away to see who it was.

The parking lots were filled to capacity! TONS of cars! No rain, either. Lot's of Mustangs! AND, we forgot the stupid camera. :bash::nonono:

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
That guy seems to have a chip on his shoulder. Although there were a couple of Stangs that did some really stupid burnouts, he didn't mention the Porshe, the GT, and probably some other expensive cars that came close to hitting some other cars. Being dangerous is gonna close down the meet. Not all Mustang drivers are "idiots."

He also made a comment about the "ordinary" cars... Is he referring to Mustangs? I remember the first time I brought my GT/CS down to the show. When I was parking, the younger guy that sponsors the meet (can't remember his name) came-up and asked me to not park there and back into another spot. I told him that I didn't think my car was worthy of parking next to a Ferrari. He said that he thought my car was very worthy and to not worry about it.

I'm wondering if the rich guys are gonna push us <$100k cars out of the meet?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
That guy seems to have a chip on his shoulder. Although there were a couple of Stangs that did some really stupid burnouts, he didn't mention the Porshe, the GT, and probably some other expensive cars that came close to hitting some other cars. Being dangerous is gonna close down the meet. Not all Mustang drivers are "idiots."

He also made a comment about the "ordinary" cars... Is he referring to Mustangs? I remember the first time I brought my GT/CS down to the show. When I was parking, the younger guy that sponsors the meet (can't remember his name) came-up and asked me to not park there and back into another spot. I told him that I didn't think my car was worthy of parking next to a Ferrari. He said that he thought my car was very worthy and to not worry about it.

I'm wondering if the rich guys are gonna push us <$100k cars out of the meet?

What an ass, although I do agree with the people driving dangerously around the meet. Probably a good way to get it closed down or come under a lot more scrutiny.

I wonder what he considers an 'ordinary' car. :shrug:

nelos04

Established Member
yup those guyz do sound pretty cocky im glad I didn't go it would of been a wast of time,I might go next time but iim going to take my beat up honda with bondo and park it next to the most expensive looking car outer LoL.I do agree about the reckless driving thats not cool its a kick back kind of event no a race or burnout event.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Eh Jose, I don't think that is the attitude of the bulk of those guys. Most of the ones I stop and talk to are very nice and just like to yak about cars.

The very young man who was in the windveil blue 5th gen fessed up on that forum and apologized. He was one of the Mustang guys who botched their burn-out leaving. He's really lucky he didn't hit anyone. And yes, we were eyewitnesses to his failed performance. At least he apologized and has hopefully learned an important lesson... before he hurts someone.

A guy in a grey 5th gen Roush was making a lot of noise out on the street, racing back and forth. :nonono: Geeez.

I saw plenty of other makes and models of cars romping on it when they left the parking lot. It's common and we LIKE to hear them leave, we just don't wish for them to cause a pile-up while doing it. One Porsche almost bit it when he stomped on it and had to fly by a string of cars over a double yellow line to avoid a major collision.

So that guy on the other forum complaining about the Mustangs on Sunday pretty much had tunnel vision.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Eh Jose, I don't think that is the attitude of the bulk of those guys. Most of the ones I stop and talk to are very nice and just like to yak about cars.

Agreed. Everyone is basically laid back and pretty approachable at the show, which is nice.

And it's not often I get to see an Enzo, a Shelby, a Vector, Z06 Vette, Evo, Ford GT, Evo, and Lotus in the same place. It's a great spot for car nuts, and variety is what makes it the best. :rockon:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ive gotten on it a little when leaving but so does pretty much everyone else. i could get really crazy if i wanted to but that will only get this shut down OR get all the mustangers exiled from the meets. i bet the wealthier crowd considers everything Z06 and "under" to be "ordinary" (basically "affordable and not exotic). hell, there are often 10 or more bone stock Z06s there. id rather look at modded cars than stock ones, unless theyre something like a vector or enzo.

i was going to go this past sunday but i got really sick the whole weekend and missed it. hopefully next time. and we should have a cruise through the canyons afterwards, instead of going to hooters and just eating/drinking. thats just my opinion on whats more fun :beer:

Navymailman

Established Member
Hey guys, there's are small group that heads up to the canyons after Super Car Sunday almost on a weekly basis. Lately they have been video taping the runs up Mulholland Hwy and taking pics up by the peak. Here's a sample...

DSC_5120.jpg

DSC_5122a.jpg

DSC_5123.jpg

DSC_5127.jpg

DSC_5141.jpg

Here's the video from this weekend... http://wolfpro.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=36

Last edited:

nelos04

Established Member
yeah you guys are right I didnt finish reading the tread I kinda lost interest after reading the first page,maybe ill make out there the end of this month looking forward to the canyon stuff looks pretty exciting.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i want one of those door mounted camera pods. i cant make out the name though. do they sell these on ebay or at camera stores?

i read though the whole thread on that other forum. sounds like some slight mustang bashing and someone posted a video of the FI roush car going down the street followed by a whippled cobra. they sounded loud but didnt look like there was any excessive speed. then there's a vid right after of a diable lighting up the tires as he leaves, lol. but its ok, he's driving a lambo! :rollseyes:p

and boo hoo about the ferraris/lambos that pulled in, circle and left because they couldnt find space. its first come first serve. i have to get my ass there early to get a halfway decent spot. :shrug: and id rather look at a modded ferrari than a stock one, so seeing 5 stock 360s gets kinda boring :sleeping:

navymailman, we've never met but id be up for cruising with you guys. i hate just standing around there at SCS for hours looking at the same damn cars that are always there.

Navymailman

Established Member
The camera pods are prototypes that the owner of the black Mach 1 is trying out to eventually sell to the general public. He has a short video on youtube... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGnisrwYgFw"]YouTube - mach 1 mount road test[/ame]

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The camera pods are prototypes that the owner of the black Mach 1 is trying out to eventually sell to the general public. [/url]

as long as they dont fall off and i dont lose my sweet little sony handycam :uh oh::whine:

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
i was going to go this past sunday but i got really sick the whole weekend and missed it. hopefully next time. and we should have a cruise through the canyons afterwards, instead of going to hooters and just eating/drinking. thats just my opinion on whats more fun :beer:

We usually cruise through the canyons with a group of Mustangs but, have been leaving around 9:15'sh. I thought I'd shake it up a bit by suggesting something different. Nobody was interested in a little T&A so back to the Canyons we go :rolling: :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread