3.3L whipple kit fot GTO already and we still dont have one.

Evil SS

Established Member
Two companys make a intercooled manifold's and one sells a complete kit for use with the 3.3L whipple.

Why don't we even havo one on the horizon? Aussie cars are putting down mid 800rwhp with similar kits. The TQ on these cars is amazing.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Because we don't NEED a 3.3 liter blower. Simply WAY too much and way too big for our cars. The Kenne Bell is 2.2 and just right.

Evil SS

Established Member
I disagree. 20 psi from a 3.3L will make more power than 20 psi fromthe 2.2L Cooler temp. More volume. A ported heads and cam car could use one. A race 03 Cobra couls use one. Just because you dont want one doesnt mean others dont.

Our heads flow as good at peak than a ls1 and better at lower lift. Our heads have better flow with smaller cubes. We could use more air. Once you put a power adder on the car it becomes the final restriction.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
This is what it will take. 50 people to put up a $1000 deposit. That money will be used for lower manifold design, R&D and programming the stock PCM for maximum performance. Once R&D has been completed, the final kit price will be made available including larger injectors, chip, and peripherals. With 3.3L units in the $1800 range, expect kit prices to be in the $5000 range if you gave a deposit, and in the $6500 range if you did not. Now quit snivelling, get me the 50 people, and Kyle from House of Speed and myself will get them built.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
Just be prepared to need a hood, and possibly some firewall "massaging". If you guys really want to do this, contact me via e-mail. I am not a sponsor, and it is not fair for me to steal their thunder, unless of course, they see the potential here.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
NOBODY NEEDS THAT MUCH POWER DUDE........and I am telling you.....how much power do you think it would take to spin the big 3.3L blower? The GTO guys can get away with it because they are 5.7's 346ci, we are 4.6's.......you do the math.....more harm than good. Trust me.

Evil SS

Established Member
Why would you put a f1r on a Cobra? Back to my previous post's Bigger blower= more hp.

I could have a kit fabbed for less than 6500 bucks. Ill just have a shop do it here.

so anyone that puts a power adder that can support more hp than a oil spraying heap of crap KB is stupid? Thats why I will always have a faster car than you guys.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
FYI-

Whipple primarily focused on the chevy market and I think that has a lot to do with things. Hopefully things have changed with the still to be released 03/04 whipple SC, but they are a chevy shop at heart.

KB supports more Ford products traditionaly as well.

Just my opinion FWIW

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
Good luck, Evil SS. I think that you may find that having something fabbed is probably quite a bit different that having something engineered. I'll tell my engineer thanks but no thanks. We were already discussing doing it!!! LOL

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Yea, EvilSS.....you car is gonna be faster alright. With a vaporware 3.3L......

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
And for people to call the KB an "oil spraying" piece of crap is just nonsense. Do your homework, man. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread