3.5 bar map sensor question.

luv2spedup

Established Member
So here is my dilemma. The car is not making the boost it should with a 2.5 pulley (according to the factory boost gauge it’s only boosting 11 lbs). So for sake of keeping my sanity I recently ordered an AeroForce interceptor gauge, along with the 3.5 bar map sensor.
So here is my question, would the map sensor require me to get my tune adjusted?
How / where do I install the map sensor? Where is the factory sensor located, if there is one?

PRP

Established Member
So here is my dilemma. The car is not making the boost it should with a 2.5 pulley (according to the factory boost gauge it’s only boosting 11 lbs). So for sake of keeping my sanity I recently ordered an AeroForce interceptor gauge, along with the 3.5 bar map sensor.
So here is my question, would the map sensor require me to get my tune adjusted?
How / where do I install the map sensor? Where is the factory sensor located, if there is one?

The Ford EEC system is a Mass Air Flow (MAF) based system, not a speed density system so there is no MAP sensor used. The MAF sensor is the primary input used to calculate the AFR required so adding a MAP for a stand alone gauge isn't going to affect the lookup graph function.

But I'm wondering why you need a 3.5 BAR TMAP? 3.5 BAR = 44.1 psi. Are you planning to run 44 pounds of boost?

Phill

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
No need to adjust tune. Most T (tie) into the fuel pressure vacuum line. Thats where I did mine. Have a few pics. Did make a quick bracket to hold the map sensor though

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I have the Aeroforce interceptor and 3.5 bar sensor. Works great. I used a thread on the other forum that walks you through the install process.

96cobracoupe

Established Member
Yea like dirtyo2000 said tie onto the fuel Rail for vaccum sorce. and mounted mybar sensor on the inner fender lip by the firewall and ran the wire into the gauge. Pretty simple just takes some time for me anyway lol

PRP

Established Member
It reads vacuum too. The 2 bar sensor only reads 15 psi.

Ah, my bad. I didn't even think about it using 1 BAR for the vacuum (negative) pressure reading.

That means it gives you 2.5 BAR (36.75 psi) for the boost (positive) pressure reading.

Thanks for the lesson,

Phill

PRP

Established Member
Yea like dirtyo2000 said tie onto the fuel Rail for vaccum sorce. and mounted mybar sensor on the inner fender lip by the firewall and ran the wire into the gauge. Pretty simple just takes some time for me anyway lol

I mounted my TMAP sensor under the lip that runs across the front of the firewall, right about inline with the side of the engine.

You MUST mount it with the vacuum/boost (nipple) line pointing DOWN.

Then I ran my wires along the bottom of the same lip, across to the drivers side and through a grommet in a present hole.

I ran my pressure line to the fuel press. sensor, just like everyone else. Just get a vacuum tee and a small length of vac. hose to tee into it, right at the sensor (or if you want to run a longer source line, where it connects at the front of the intake manifold).

Phill

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I have the Aeroforce interceptor and 3.5 bar sensor. Works great. I used a thread on the other forum that walks you through the install process.

Do you mind posting the link goose, I hooked mine up a while ago but I'm still not getting power.

PRP

Established Member
Do you mean the boost sensor?

Technically, they are called a T-MAP sensor. They were first developed for Turbo applications on Speed Density EFI fuel delivery systems.

A MAP sensor only reads negative pressure where a TMAP reads negative (vacuum) and positive (boost) pressure.

MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. Senses manifold vacuum pressure as a indication of Engine Load.

TMAP = Turbo Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. Senses manifold vacuum and boost pressure as a indication of Engine Load and Boost pressure.

Phill

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member

luv2spedup

Established Member

Well, I get in trouble when I post links to the other site, but since you asked:

Boost Sensor Install for Aeroforce Interceptor - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum

If this gets deleted, just go to the other site and search for boost sensor install. It's in the DIY section.

Folks, really appreciate the help, and great info i will try to tackle the install this weekend...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread