3.5L Ecoboost Retro-Fit

honkytonkn56

Ford Racing has announced that they will be selling the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost as a crate engine, in-stock now, but no "Control-Pak" install kit yet.

Price for the engine, I have seen as high as $9000., down to about $6700. No price on the install kit as yet, but typically they run $1500 range. Not a cheap way to get 356HP/400ft-lbs.

Timing for the Controls-Pak is late 2013 or early 2014, and right now any orders for the engine are being blocked, but they keep saying sales opening soon.

Just so you know, the bellhousing pattern on the 3.5L RWD Ecoboost is unlike anything else Ford has ever sold, totally unique to this engine. And the FWD 3.5L Ecoboost is also totally unique and not the same as the RWD! Both are however the same as the 3.5LNA and the 3.7LNA Cyclone V6 engines. So, your transmission choices as of today are the Getrag MT82 6-speed manual, or the Ford 6R80 6-speed auto.

Ford has built over 300K F150s with the 3.5L Ecoboost engine and 6R80 trans, so there are a lot of them out their in wrecking yards and prices are way cheaper than what Ford Racing wants.

Anyone interested in retro fitting a 3.5L Ecoboost into something?
I just put one in a 1954 ford f-100 and in need of the control pak? guess I'll have to hurry up and wait? any suggestions for one of these control paks?

Reference Thread

Users who are viewing this thread