3.7 2012 mustang vs 06+civic

mustangmiller

Deuce Performance
Established Member
Tonight I was on my way home form my buddies house when I run into a white Civic Hatchback the newer style's. He said he had a type R swap with a 6 speed. So we line up for a 40 roll I honk it off and immediately pull a car, shift into 3rd and I end up putting 4 cars on him. At th next light he asks me whats in that thing. I say just a 6 cylinder with a CAI. He doest believe me and drives off.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ LOL civic owner pissed he spent more on his econobox and as usual... STILL SLOWER!

Ricers will never learn :nonono:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Type R Swap? That must be ricer code talk for Auto Zone muffler tip install. LOL.

:lol:

The civic driver must have seen that civic commercial with the girl where they sing the ninja song, and honda raves about their 201hp VTEC engine. He got all hyped and went out and bought it.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
if its a true type r swap, he blew over 5k on top of the car price,...not to mention labor and all the little stuff that comes with it....HONDA=LOL

good quality cars that are not meant for performance in ANY SENSE of the word

mustangmiller

Deuce Performance
Established Member
Nice beatdown on the Civic man!!
BTW...what do you get with the performance package on the 3.7L V6...just wondering....

The performance package has a strut tower brace all GT suspension, GT brakes, 19inch Wheels, 3.31 Gears, GT500 lower control arm. A few other extras to.

srtsir

Established Member
At th next light he asks me whats in that thing. I say just a 6 cylinder with a CAI. He doest believe me and drives off.

^^So where does he tell you that its a type R motor??? I seen a type R hatch at the local track with bolt ons run mid to low 13's believe it or not...Even though I hate Civic's those things can move out..

SNCOBRA331

Established Member
Tonight I was on my way home form my buddies house when I run into a white Civic Hatchback the newer style's. He said he had a type R swap with a 6 speed. So we line up for a 40 roll I honk it off and immediately pull a car, shift into 3rd and I end up putting 4 cars on him. At th next light he asks me whats in that thing. I say just a 6 cylinder with a CAI. He doest believe me and drives off.

Good kill.

Honda doesn't have a Civic Hatchback in the 06+ models. Possibly the
02-05 Si?

jesus_ralliart

Established Member
I asked a guy to run his ITR but he never did want too :(

these are 200 hp ish. very nice cars but not straight line cars at all. least not without heavy modification.

handling wise though.... one of the best fwd handling production cars ever.

zacmustang03

Established Member
nice kill the new v6 is pretty dam quick. there is a guy here that has a white civic does those 120 mph flybys must have the type r swap in it cant tell cause he will never slow down to actually line up with anyone . zoom zoom.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
The performance package has a strut tower brace all GT suspension, GT brakes, 19inch Wheels, 3.31 Gears, GT500 lower control arm. A few other extras to.

except for the gears, the Performance Package sounds like it would be slower than the regular V6.. (heavier stuff)

anyhow, good kill..

Users who are viewing this thread