• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

3.7 mustang vs 370z

Discussion in 'Road Kill Drive-Thru' started by mustangmiller, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Z25OH

Z25OH WINGING IT Established Member

no doubt! I drove the v6 before i got the 5.0 and i was really impressed...would have killed my 350 for sure

2. Bokeo

Bokeo New Member Established Member

This dude drives a car with a net worth of mabye 15K and works at a car dealership? Why is he talking in a condencending tone? LOL Gotta love it.

3. blkvenm97

blkvenm97 Member Established Member

don't new 370z go for 40ish grand new? not 100% but I think they do...that's nearly twice what a v6 stang goes for so I think the v6 stang does pretty well in it's class. add a lil cash to those 40gs and get a boss...you wanna talk about going around the corners...that car does very well I must say

4. Bokeo

Base model 370Z starts around 30K. My buddy has a nismo edition that he bought used with 12K miles for $36K. Needless to say I dusted him at the drag strip in my V6 stanger :rolling:

5. 5 ltr. beater

5 ltr. beater ....in spacers we trust Established Member

...hey thats not bad at all! and thats with a blown motor! tack on another 9k with a working motor and id say my car isnt doing too bad for being dam near 7 years old!

...and i dont think im being conceded, im just saying it like it is. if the v6 stang changes and ur able to run mid 11s at 125+ for a mere $4k in mods, ill retract my statements accordingly.

until then...ur wasting ur time and money and trying to justify why you didnt go for the 5.0. 'nough said. thats not being conceded...im just not gonna sugar coat your mistake to try to make u feel better.
    again, u shudve went with a 5.0. period.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  6. Bokeo

Whoa brosky, why is it almost every post of yours is edited?

Calm down, its not that serious. :thumbsup:

My Dad always said: "Do it right the first time, so you dont have to do it again."

Cheers

BTW, I didnt actually read everything you wrote.. but im sure its very insightlful.

7. Z25OH

Z25OH WINGING IT Established Member

lol so you ruffle someone up, then when they try to rebutle you down play and close it off? hahaha come on...thats no way to have a discussion

and no a new 370Z doesnt go for 40k unless you got "jackass" written across your forehead.

You can get a little used 370z for the price of a v6 stang...So...what time and trap did your Buddies nismo get BTW?

8. Fooln Ya

Fooln Ya New Member Established Member

fixed :beer:

Im not gonna keep defending my car, or my choice for buying it. To be honest, Im pretty fortunate to have what I have, I work damn hard for it, and am proud of it. But like I said, I wouldn't own it if it didn't run like it did stock/does now. I couldn't afford the extra $75-100 a month payment for the 5oh, so now Im working with what I got. And it happens to work damn good too!

9. horseplay

horseplay Crazy MMA Junkie Established Member

@Fooln Ya .. You have a very nice car. The V6 Stangs are putting up great fights with cars you would have never thought of. Gotta love the change. Can we all just be happy. The 350Z's, 370Z's are personally are my favorites. They perform amazingly. And a body that's eye candy. Anyway nice races:beer:

10. 5 ltr. beater

5 ltr. beater ....in spacers we trust Established Member

....and i respect that statement 100%! i appreciate anyone who saves up and works for their own car!
    i may have misinterpreted, but it seemed as if both you and bokeo came off defending the v6 'stangs performance as if all of us mere mortals underestimated the power of the V6 'stang (little darth vader for ya there) , and could've saved a few thousand dollars by purchasing a V6 instead of the 5.0 .

11. thapr3dat0r

thapr3dat0r Just the Tip Established Member

When my buddy and I had Mazdaspeed3s before our GT500s, he had a chance to run a Nismo 370. Nismo and the Speed3 both had an intake and exhaust. They were dead even. I like the 370Z, especially the Nismo, but I was not impress, again especially for the price.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  12. Fooln Ya

Fooln Ya New Member Established Member

Well, yes, we were defending our cars. I personally didnt intend to portray our cars as better than anyone elses (and dont think I did). I do realize, however, that Im on a site full of BADASS cars, trying to upsale a v6, so, ya know, Im always expecting a little :poke: every now n then :thumbsup:

13. DerekDTP!

DerekDTP! Member Established Member

Those 370s are decent, esp the nismo, good kill for it being a 3.7

14. blkvenm97

blkvenm97 Member Established Member

actually back in like 2009-10 (whenever the 370s first came out) I was seeing them for 38ish thousand now that I think of it. that was in Bristol TN. then again maybe they were marked up because they were new and in demand? not sure...I don't know a lot about those cars but I'm pretty sure they weren't a nismo or any other special edition as all of the 370s on the parking lot were identical other than color....

15. 95SC

95SC Banned

Is V6 Mustang really in totally different league then 370Z ????

Here you go ,looks like that little $20K V6 Mustang is on the par with $40K 370Z Nismo around the track. it would had probably beat the 370Z time if Ford wouldn't put that stupid 114 mph limiter

CLICK HERE

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  16. thapr3dat0r

That's impressive. Wait for the "professional drivers were driving, not real world street conditions [​IMG]" comments.

Awesome the GT500 edged out the CTS-V coupe. The Z06 still represented like a BOSS.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  17. RusWolf

RusWolf Active Member Established Member

370z is a sexy car especially in pearl white !
    Nice OP 3.7 vs 3.7

18. ZLwhat?

ZLwhat? Speed addict Established Member

What kind of a-hole talks trash on another mans car, and his decision to make it his own. The new v-6 mustangs are great fun to drive. And get even better when you throw a few mods at em. I'm disgusted with the " you should've got a" comments. With that weak logic we should all have bought lambos and quit modding our cars. It is ok to be proud of your v6 and your zcar as well. They are all fun and it's nice to see all of the different tiers of performance. Good kill op. Be proud of what you work so hard to own.

19. thapr3dat0r

No sweat, my man. 5 finger dick beater is a ricer and a hater. Still can't figure out why he's here.

:pop:

20. ZLwhat?

ZLwhat? Speed addict Established Member

Lol! I just can't understand why people come to the kills section and blast someone about their car just because it's not something "better" isn't that for the smack down section?