3.73's or 3.90's?

srt4tocobra

Established Member
Looking to upgrade my solid that currently has stock gears in it, since it is leaking out of the pinon seal (might as well swap some new gears in while I am having it replaced). I want something that is highway friendly but offers the most performance. I drive the car during the summer a couple of times a week around 60 miles a day, so I want something that I can still get pretty decent mileage with, but I realize that I am driving a Cobra and not a Civic, so my mileage won't be all that great. I am not wanting to go to a 4.10 and 3.73's are really common just wasn't for sure how good a 3.90 gear would be. I am looking at Motive performance. Let me know what you think.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Most Motive 3.90's are noisey and mine were also. So I'd go 3.73's just for that fact alone.

Fat-cat

Established Member
the 373's should offer you a little more punch then the 355's or 323 you have in there now. 390's i think are a little steep for the way the power comes on in these cars.. i know allot of guys have fun 410's and like them for the track but i think that would take allot of the street fun out of the car is 1st is so short and you would be lucky to get traction with the way they hit with 410's in second.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I'm running 4.10's with my car and LOVE them. Takes a little of the roll race out of it i think, but outta the hole its an animal. I've got a lot of suspension mods to get the traction down though.

go with ford racing gears, and go a minimum of 3.90's. My t-56 is a 2000cobraR spec with 2.98 first gear. Yours has a 2.55 first gear, so you should be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread