3 bucks for gas, when will it end?

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
Glad I don't live there, this is from Malibu CA.

capt.gif

03CobraBro

Established Member
I hope the price of gas goes up to 10 dollars per gallon. I want it to get the point where nobody can pay anymore. That's the only way the gas company's are going to learn they need to tone that shit down.

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
I hope the price of gas goes up to 10 dollars per gallon. I want it to get the point where nobody can pay anymore. That's the only way the gas company's are going to learn they need to tone that shit down.

More along the lines people need to learn how spend their money more conciously instead of being morons, then complaining about the situations they create and do nothing to avert.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, its only about $2.19 around here (but then again thats only 91 octane).

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
2.33 in Midland, Michigan for premium

2.17 in Bridgewater, MA. for premium

I wish I was home in Bridgewater

Prices fell 5cents yesterday in Midland however.

BittenInBama

Established Member
"....Oil prices spiked to record trading highs after the weekly inventory data, which showed that gasoline supplies and distillate supplies -- used in heating oil -- both fell more than expected. Crude inventories rose more than expected.

U.S. light crude oil for April delivery rose 95 cents to $56 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, taking out the previous all-time trading high of $55.67 hit on Oct. 25. Oil initially hit $56.35, before pulling back a bit.

Oil prices had fallen moderately in the morning after OPEC producers, meeting in Iran, agreed to a 2 percent increase in daily production quotas so as to trim the price of crude oil....."

CNN Article Link

So if crude inventories ROSE...AND....OPEC announced an increase in production-gas prces should start to come down by tommorrow--right?!?

;-) ;-) :poke: :pop:

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
03CobraBro said:

Yeah right!!!! They will get it up to $10 for a while then it goes down to $8 and everyone is like WOW LOOK HOW LOW GAS PRICES ARE. Its exactly how it is now, our gas was at $2.25 and everyone was bitchin, it went down to 1.99 for a week and everyone was happy $2/gallon and people are happy, they are god d@mn dip$hits. Last year gas was right around $1.75 still to high but thats livable. Now they jacked up the price the last week to $2.40 Yeah it takes months for the gas prices to slowly go down 20cents but go up 50 cents in a week and a half. Someone needs to stop the raping were getting from our own Oil companies. I don't wish harm on anyone ususally but i wouldn't mind seeing some destrot person going to an oil company owners house strapped with 30lbs of C4.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
azgardia said:
More along the lines people need to learn how spend their money more conciously instead of being morons, then complaining about the situations they create and do nothing to avert.

:dw:. . . . . . .Riiiiiiiiiiight. . . . . . . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Bottom line, gas prices are insane and it is f*&$ed up. I don't care if you drive a go cart or a gigantic SUV, everyone is going to feel this outrageous increase in price. OPEC are a bunch of greedy bastards who are trying to squeeze every nickel out of oil while they can (their supplies won't last forever and hybrids are becoming more of a reality).

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
OPEC, as much as they are dirty-rat-bastards, only supplies us with 6 or 7 million barrels of oil a day, of the 20 million we use (see other thread if this sounds too familiar). 44% of the total amount of oil we use daily goes towards gasoline-type products (not including jet-fuel), meaning we use maybe 3 million barrels of oil a day for gasoline from OPEC. While that does give OPEC a decent amount of leverage over our wallets, ultimately we just need to find alternatives to oil.

Hybrid cars are a good idea, but I think there was already a thread about the government creating a mileage tax specifically because they were getting less money from gas due to cars using less fuel (sort of shooting themselves in the foot on that one). So even if we use less gas, we're just going to pay elsewhere.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Glacius said:
how much is it for premium in Dallas? Its 2.16 here in South Texas.

I got my gas for $2.04 premium the other day. The week before that, it was $1.89. WTF!

Users who are viewing this thread