• Long tubes and Xpipe.

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
04whitelight said:
just wondering, but why doesnt the lt help the lightning,

Not really sure why. Every other hotrod I put headers on, it helped. But didn't do shit on my 01 L. :shrug:

A small blower, small C.I. and low boost doesn't take much to breath.

The stock exhaust manifolds look small. But I guess they are very efficient.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
04whitelight said:
alright, i see what your saying, do u think when u add boost it will help out, but then again, how much boost would u need for the LT to justify there selfs

High boost, and/or a built motor will def. benefit from headers and a free flowing exhaust system. It's just that headers are VERY expensive for our trucks. It's hard to justify that much money for very little or no gain on a low boost engine. I was amazed at how small the stock exhaust manifolds are. But they work very well. :rockon:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I thinks its an easy decision...FTVB (or equivalent) will be a 'funner' mod for the truck, and will give you more 'bang' for your buck than the LT.

I know the SuperCoupe guys port the stock exhaust manifolds and get decent gains. Maybe that would be benefical on these trucks?

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
I thinks its an easy decision...FTVB (or equivalent) will be a 'funner' mod for the truck, and will give you more 'bang' for your buck than the LT.

I know the SuperCoupe guys port the stock exhaust manifolds and get decent gains. Maybe that would be benefical on these trucks?

i could tell the difference when your truck was on the dyno when it shifted...then i looked at mine....i need to order a FTVB here soon... i would say to go with the ftvb and then get the port...

Hemi This

Established Member
valve body .... the headers wont help till your over 480hp also the valve body will be needed you dont want your trany sliping with all the extra power you will get from the port job ........

Users who are viewing this thread