$3000 for Wheels and Tires......What Would You Get?

roach4047

Established Member
Something to consider would be tire selection available in the various sizes. If I were in the market I would do some research and determine what kind of tire I would want to run on the truck and then choose a rim in that size.

For instance you mention that you would like larger wheels. I happen to know that Nitto is coming out with a 20" drag radial which should be available for purchase in January. Nitto displayed their 20" drag radial on a Steeda Mustang at this years SEMA show. I doubt you'll find larger rim size drag radials than that but I'm not sure either. Then again maybe drag radials don't mean much to you in which case then choose the wheels first and see what tires are available...

Good luck.

HouseOfPower

I sent Steve a PM before posting this thread as a matter of fact. they were my first choice.

as far as tires, I was aware of Nitto's 20" drags. they said those were suppose to come out spring or summer 08 right? I'm not too concerned about traction since it will mainly be a weekend toy/ tow truck. I just want to get a bigger wheel that looks great and isn't too much heavier if any than stock

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
If you go with 20's there is a place that should still have the Nitto NT404's available in 305/40/20 ( I just bought a set less than a month ago and they said they had about 4 sets available @ that time ) if you need more info PM me

BTW, these ^ are kick ass tires for a DD and they look bad@$$ too! my last set held out for over 35,000 "fun" miles

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
If i had the money i would definitely go with some wheels like MMShaggys truck, i am absolutely in love with those wheels.

2484755_2_full.jpg

2484755_10_full.jpg

LOL Thanks man, but you DO NOT WANT THESE RIMS.

1 - The cost. $1000 per rim no rubber on em, and not counting shipping.
2 - There custom cut per order, you cant just find these at a rim shop.
3 - My truck got hit by a red light runner Aug. 13th. I still do not have my truck back due to waiting for the rims. Yea you read it right, 5+ months for rims.(Ridiculous!!)

But to answer your question there 22x10 Symbolic Rims.
But after I got hit, I decided to move the 22x10 rims to the front only and I ordered 22x11 rims for the rear.

I did have to go to a smaller front tire as well to prevent rubbing.
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asy tires.
Front tires were 265/35/22
Rear Tires were 295/30/22

(but that was the old 10 rim, now i might try to squeeze a 330 on the rear....

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Yeah they are 22" Eagle Alloys but i wish i had yours! LOL

I don't let my wife drive the truck I only let my buddy drive it. I think the repair to fix a curbed rim would be to replace them. I would be like Shaggy out for a good few months.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Yea, I'm contemplating selling my rims when I finally get them back. Don't ever want to have to wait this long for rims again....

And I'm with you, wife never drives the truck just because of the rims....

HouseOfPower

the wheels on that sight just don't look like they're worth $5k......that's twice the price of wheels like Boyd, Budnik, Bonspeed.....etc. I know they're 3 piece forged but damn they're nearly $500 per wheel more than true forged 3 piece wheel!

HouseOfPower

quick question for anyone than knows. would a 325/40/22 be the right size to get for my 12" rear wheels? I know they would be wide enough but is that the right profile?

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
325 sounds about right but the tires are going to be tall it will look like mine, which i am selling! :)

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
hotchkis tvs drop + I removed the front spring isolator things

My wheels hit my wheel wells on small bumps, Im going with powder coated black 01-02 style 18" SVT's. Im putting them on monday!

Last edited:

HouseOfPower

well I'm having a hard ass time finding tires right now. I might have to back down from a 12" rear to an 11" if I can't find tires to fit. Anyone know of anywhere to get a good hookup on 22" tires?

Users who are viewing this thread