302 vs C7 *hypothetical race*

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
The normal formula which is 1.2 x RWHP (in my case I had 501 to the wheels on the Boss) = 601.2 Crank HP. I think I had one of the most powerful N/A's out there, could be wrong!

Manuel

chipmonk

Established Member
My c7 z51 made 418whp and 424wtq stock. Its a m7 car too. Had it at the track on a hot and muggy day on stock wheels and tires it went 12.2.

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
My c7 z51 made 418whp and 424wtq stock. Its a m7 car too. Had it at the track on a hot and muggy day on stock wheels and tires it went 12.2.

Those are some stout numbers. 12.2 bone-stock is a great starting point. I think the C7 is my favorite vette to date, aside from the old stingrays.

lockman

Established Member
from what he says his 302 boss is 580 to the wheels I haven't seen the dyno sheet. but that's what he said. I know he has cams headers and rebuilt the whole top end of the engine. and has 373 gears in the rear. its a really nice looking boss. I haven't gotten a chance to run him with the shelby I'm sure with his weight advantage his is faster unless he spins more. I've only done intake throttle body and pulley. so I'm close to 700 hp.

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
from what he says his 302 boss is 580 to the wheels I haven't seen the dyno sheet. but that's what he said. I know he has cams headers and rebuilt the whole top end of the engine. and has 373 gears in the rear. its a really nice looking boss. I haven't gotten a chance to run him with the shelby I'm sure with his weight advantage his is faster unless he spins more. I've only done intake throttle body and pulley. so I'm close to 700 hp.

580 to the wheels N/A? I'd like to see that, the most I've seen on heads/cams Coyotes and Bosses is like 540-550 rwhp, spinning 8k.

Users who are viewing this thread