305/35/20 with Eibach Sportline

ukfiveo

Established Member
Current set up is Eibach Sportline, Tokico shocks & adjustable panhard on CS40's with a 285/30 tire.

Waiting for TVS to arrive :banana: & will need a bit more grip! Anyone running the 305 DR's with these springs & wheels? I have heard they may rub, offset is 45mm

cheers

DSC_0067.jpg

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you're going to need more offset. What size tire do you have on the rim now? If it's a 275, you can figure 15 mm further than your current sidewall outside of the wheel well.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Then you can figure it will be 6 mm taller (1/2 the increase in diameter) and stick out 10 mm (1/2 the increase in width) more than your 285s.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
are they 10" wide in the rear? if so you should be fine. i have the same suspension (and color car lol) and ran 20x10 with 305s with less offset than that and i did ok.

ukfiveo

Established Member
Thanks Steve, yes they are 10s. It looks as if they will fit but you can't beat a real experience.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thanks Steve, yes they are 10s. It looks as if they will fit but you can't beat a real experience.

i found where the very thin line is lol. i had a set with 38mm on 305 Nittos and they rubbed and damaged my fender :kaboom: we shaved the backpads on the wheels a little and they were fine. still too close for comfort on a slammed car lol. also it can be deceiving as i found out. when the rear would compress it was fine. but when driving down the highway and going through a sweeping turn the car would not only compress but the axle can shift to the side which is what caused the damage. not like bent fender damage but some paint chipping off. but im glad i found out on my own car than on a customers lol. that made me realize that just a slight sidewall bulge can make a big difference in clearance. same fender flush stance, same tire, on an 11 and no problem at all.

with cars that arent as low its not as big of a risk.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
It depends on which 305's. The Mickey Thompsons are almost a full inch wider than the Nittos. Right now I clear Nitto 305's with 20x10 +40mm, but only barely. I have a set of MT's waiting to go on that I'm almost certain will rub.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
I run a nitto 555r DR 305/35/20's on my car with sportlines. It fills the wheel well up all the way, really good look but i'm on the AMR 10inch wheel. Never rubbed or had any issues though.

leviticus

Established Member
Bringing a thread back from the dead, but I hate to start a new one for the same subject
I picked up a set of 20x10 with +40mm offset for the rear of my 07 and im pretty dead set on Sportlines. I Have been racking my brain on whether I could fit a 305/35/20 without rubbing the fender.. the tire I have been looking at the most is Mickey Thompson street comp. Ive seen plenty of guys run the 305 on 20x10 with a +45 offset.

Users who are viewing this thread