305/35/20s

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Hey everyone I just put on mt drag radials 305/35/20 and I'm lowered on eibach sportlines and I have a one finger gap and when I hit a bump my fender eats the tire. Is there anything I can do???

Mustangfresk196

Established Member
First thing I would do it make sure the rear is centered. Then i'd look and see if rolling the fenders would give you the room you need. After that you're looking at changing the wheel offset/tire size, or changing out the springs.

SCalla1384

Established Member
You need offset more offset. My buddy helped me figure it out. I wanted rohana rc7s so bad. 20x10 but, I want to run a mt drag radial. Only size in 20 is a 305. The Rohana didn't have enough offset, which is +45mm. It would of rubbed.

You'll probably need a +55mm offset with those tires. Otherwise, you'll need to run a smaller tire. Probably a 285

Repth

Established Member
I've got Velgen VMB7 20x10.5 (+45mm offset) coming in along with some MT Street Comp 305/25r20, and I'm on sportlines. Sounds like I may have made a mistake. Then again I know of people who are this low and running tires this size, so... who knows.

Edit: If you're running ET Streets, they're half an inch taller in diameter than you'd expect a tire in that size to be. Just a heads up. MT says they're 28.9". Street Comps come out to 28.4", which is what you'd expect. Also they're measured using a 11" wheel, so depending on your wheel size, they could theoretically be even larger in diameter. Also if you didn't upgrade your dampers it's possible that the ride is not being properly controlled like it would be with aftermarket shocks/struts.

Last edited:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I did notice I wasn't centered after I installed relocation brackets I fixed that today but the tires stick out very little on both side but when driving I hit a bump n now both have a the rubber on the fenders. It says the offsets r +40mm is the only solution to get diff offsets so that means diff rims or can I get the offsets changed? I just bought these rims n just put them on

KG145.0

Established Member
I've got Velgen VMB7 20x10.5 (+45mm offset) coming in along with some MT Street Comp 305/25r20, and I'm on sportlines. Sounds like I may have made a mistake. Then again I know of people who are this low and running tires this size, so... who knows.

Edit: If you're running ET Streets, they're half an inch taller in diameter than you'd expect a tire in that size to be. Just a heads up. MT says they're 28.9". Street Comps come out to 28.4", which is what you'd expect. Also they're measured using a 11" wheel, so depending on your wheel size, they could theoretically be even larger in diameter. Also if you didn't upgrade your dampers it's possible that the ride is not being properly controlled like it would be with aftermarket shocks/struts.

In running the those same wheels on the back of mine with 305 35 20 MT drag radial. And I'm lowered and I have no rubbing issue... I'm not super low but I've have enough weight in the back where it was tucking and still no rub

Repth

Established Member
In running the those same wheels on the back of mine with 305 35 20 MT drag radial. And I'm lowered and I have no rubbing issue... I'm not super low but I've have enough weight in the back where it was tucking and still no rub

Ballin', thanks for the info! I had a hell of a time deciding on wheel/tire set-up to run so I'll be sure to post up as soon as I get mine in and mounted.

KG145.0

Established Member
Ballin', thanks for the info! I had a hell of a time deciding on wheel/tire set-up to run so I'll be sure to post up as soon as I get mine in and mounted.

No problem ... I wasn't sure if they would fit either but they are snug they defenantly fill the space and are right to the edge of body panel

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I did notice I wasn't centered after I installed relocation brackets I fixed that today but the tires stick out very little on both side but when driving I hit a bump n now both have a the rubber on the fenders. It says the offsets r +40mm is the only solution to get diff offsets so that means diff rims or can I get the offsets changed? I just bought these rims n just put them on

How wide are your rims? That's a great tire, they like a 10.5" or 11" wheel... One way to fix it would be to widen the rim. If your on a 10" rim and send them out to get widened 1", it would pull the tire centerline in a 1/2". That's $250 a rim to get widened, other wise buy new rims with a different offset...

Rct851

Established Member
I have the same width and offset rims and have the same problem. A 305/35 DR bulges past the fender a hair. Running a smaller tire or having the rims widened to the inside are the only options

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I was thinking about running .5 or 1 inch sprig spacer figured that would help anyone ever use them before?

tgrace98

Established Member
I am lowered on sportlines as well and have velgen vmb8's 20x10.5 (+45) and I run a 285/35/20 toyo R888 and wouldn't want to go any wider. They just fit inside the wheel well and don't rub at all.

GS357

Established Member
I have seen the MT Sport Comps in a 305/35/20 on a AMR 20x10 +48 and it appeared to be inside the fenderwells on both sides. Also appeared to be lowered but not real low.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I'm going to have a shop shave .5mm off the rim to increase my offset and hope this works. I have a feeling this still won't help

Repth

Established Member
Just to be clear, I'm having some rubbing. I've never had a lowered car before so I don't know if some very light rubbing is acceptable but there is some going on when I hit a dip in the road. I have Eibach Sportlines, Koni oranges, Velgen VMB7 (20x10.5", +45), and MT Street Comps (305/35r20). The rubbing appears to be extremely superficial but it still concerns me. The rear is dead-on centered. Both sides rub occasionally. I think right now the plan is just deal with it and hope the light rubbing is ok.

Rct851

Established Member
I'm going to have a shop shave .5mm off the rim to increase my offset and hope this works. I have a feeling this still won't help

I have the same problem and have tried like hell to find a shop in houston willing to try and shave off a little of the wheel hub to change offset.... No luck

I think sending them to have an inch added to the inside is the best option

Repth

Established Member
I think you'd be better off just buying tires that fit or getting slightly taller springs? That's probably what I will do, run Sportlines in the front and Pro Kit springs in the rear. Unless that is just a shit idea in which case Pro Kit all around.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I am running vossen 20x10.5 +45 out back with sportlines too.... I run the 305/30-20 Nitto nt05 and it never hits!!! Imo the 30 series looks better too.... Just make sure your front tires go with the shorter rear sidewall on the 30 series.

BLACKSNAKE96

Established Member
I'm planning suspension and wheels also at the moment and trying to ask everyone I can. I do not want Rubbing of any kind either!! Was told if I go with 20x9.5 +30 255/35/20 and 20x11 +56 295 or 305/35/20 and bmr springs there will be no rubbing and 2 finger gap and flush with fender in rear. Front will have 1 and 1/2 finger gap. Everyone hunk this will work? I'm about ready to hit the pay button and don't want to regret it. THANKS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread