$325 BBR "Package Deal" FRPP shock, strut, spring install

87hatchy

Established Member
You on the factory 18's? That's a nice stance.

Tapatalking in my GT/CS

Ya those are factory 18s. I love the stance. Just a small drop makes these cars look way better. These springs also gave me a slight rake which i love

87hatchy

Established Member
So, when I originally finished, it was about 10-11 at night and I was beat and I just wanted to finish and drive the car with the new suspension, this is when I thought I stripped the strut mount stud. Turns out, I did not strip it :banana::banana:

I took the nut and washers off of the stud I thought I stripped and took another look today in the daylight. What I actually did was strip the inside of the nut itself!

Pvi9Hmhl.jpg

After taking the coils off, I saw that the stud was perfectly fine! I just had to find the damn factory nut that I lost. I was afraid it might have fallen out of the engine bay since I drove it a good bit since I finished. I took out the battery tray, and there it was

T8pD8eYl.jpg

I'm so happy that the stud wasn't stripped. I'm super anal about my cars and this one only has 1500 miles on it. Just knowing that I had it rigged bothered me a lot. Its all good now :rockon:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So, when I originally finished, it was about 10-11 at night and I was beat and I just wanted to finish and drive the car with the new suspension, this is when I thought I stripped the strut mount stud. Turns out, I did not strip it :banana::banana:

I took the nut and washers off of the stud I thought I stripped and took another look today in the daylight. What I actually did was strip the inside of the nut itself!

Pvi9Hmhl.jpg

After taking the coils off, I saw that the stud was perfectly fine! I just had to find the damn factory nut that I lost. I was afraid it might have fallen out of the engine bay since I drove it a good bit since I finished. I took out the battery tray, and there it was

T8pD8eYl.jpg

I'm so happy that the stud wasn't stripped. I'm super anal about my cars and this one only has 1500 miles on it. Just knowing that I had it rigged bothered me a lot. Its all good now :rockon:

Good to hear

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Wanted to explain the story behind these parts (always fun when parts have a history)

In the later models of the S197 mustang, Chip Foose teamed up with Ford to create a "Stallion" model mustang. They used CDC to help out with the build as well.

When it was created, they didn't use known parts and created a set up just for this mustang. So Ford ordered 1000000 of these parts.

So when each item was ordered, it was ordered by individual. Thus the part # on each spring. Same went with the shocks/struts. Once this project fell through.... Ford was stuck with a lot of inventory that just collected dust.

Now.... back to the story, after these parts were made and how well they performed, the creation of the P spring was invented. The P spring part # was designed off the package deal (IE the box) But it was based off the same spring rate as the Stallion pony was going to be. Which is a 1" drop.

of course, design changes were made when the part became available to everyone.

The same goes with the Shocks/struts. These ones were made by Dynamic.

Now even though these were made for the Stallion, they did a great job on designing the kit which many people have said they have enjoyed too.

So in a way... this is the P spring... just pre-named that's all.

This was brought to my attention recently. When these parts were brought to us to sell, we thought like everyone else, it was the parts that ford uses now.

I hope this information helps and let you know that this is indeed a FRPP Handling Pack. We still have about 15 of these packages left. Then is just the shocks/struts

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
BUMP! got my kit in today, I unboxed it when I got home from work. I noticed that the rear shocks are covered in an oily film and both of them make a slosh-like noise when I shake them around. I don't recall my old car's tokios making that noise or the Bilsteins in my Dad's Cobra making that noise. Normal or not?

87hatchy

Established Member
I honestly didn't try shaking mine around and listening when I opened them so I'm not sure if mine did the same. Sounds a little odd, maybe someone else can chime in.

powerhogger

Established Member
BUMP! got my kit in today, I unboxed it when I got home from work. I noticed that the rear shocks are covered in an oily film and both of them make a slosh-like noise when I shake them around. I don't recall my old car's tokios making that noise or the Bilsteins in my Dad's Cobra making that noise. Normal or not?

Mine didn't have the film but I've seen that before, it means a busted shock. Mind had the sloshing too though.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Anyone else who installed this kit have the front end max out its travel on the opposing side of a speed bump (the side where your tire goes down and all the weight hits the front strut/spring)? On some of the sharper speedbumps I have gotten this, its like the strut/spring doesnt handle the weight of the the car coming down and bottoms out the travel. I'm going pretty damn slow too.

This is my first lowered car so I'm not sure what to expect, but this is a bit of a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread