$33,995 for an '02???

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
I went down to a dealership in Sacramento today to see if I could trade my 99 in for something newer with less miles. The guy shows me a 02 lightning with 24K on it and the sticker price was almost $34,000. What the hell? Then they told me they would give me $13 for mine. :kaboom: Isn't this a bit high for an 02? It was in great condition but I thought that was what they were selling for new. Anyways, at least when I was there, they had a cobra r and a new gt on the show room floor next to eachother. :D

AJ

95 thunder

Established Member
i just posted (in gen 1 section, "switch to gen 2") about 02 i could of gotten for 17k (that was my price cause wife works at a dealer) and we can get for what they give on trades...anyway it's on the lot now for 21.5 and it's exactly on what you describe...i am on the other side of the us but that is not going over here in the east....that's crazy , but hey maybe he will get it on the west coast

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
$24k sounds much better. If the dealer would have given me that price, I would have a new lightning. For $24,000 they did have a 99 with 70K on it. Do the dealers think that they can just jack the price because the lightning is no longer in production?

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
Funny thing, while I was there, I test drove the 02 and the dealer said it was nice to ride with somebody who knew how to drive a lightning. That made me smile inside.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Just remember what they ask and what they get are going to be two different things.But i still think they bumped their heads when they put that price on it

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
That is ridiculous. Let them know that they offered you 4G's too little for yours and are asking more than sticker price was for that 02. What are they smokin'?

Some guys on here picked up BRAND NEW '04's for $27,000.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ChrisNelson said:
That is ridiculous. Let them know that they offered you 4G's too little for yours and are asking more than sticker price was for that 02. What are they smokin'?

Some guys on here picked up BRAND NEW '04's for $27,000.

WTF??? Why would anyone put a sticker like that on that truck?

cal50

Established Member
I live in Tucson, AZ. I have a 2002 L for sale with a AEM hard tonneau cover and a PSP programmed 6 pound pulleyed Silver, ported Eaton for $25000.
It has run 12.9 on F-1's at full weight on the street program.
It is in the AZ AutoTrader paper.
[email protected]

BlkLightning01

Established Member
I ended up payin a total of 25,600 for my 01 with 40k miles on it. sticker on it was 24,999 but i had some negative equity on my trade. what pissed me off the most was they had the L on the lot for over 3 months and they were sooo desperate to get rid of it.....HOWEVER they didnt even touch their price. They stayed at the sticker price and wouldnt go down at all.

camcojb

Established Member
It's California man. When I bought my new 03 none of the California dealers would even sell for sticker, much less below sticker. Had to go to AZ to get a decent price.

Jody

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
wow a 99 with 70k on it for 24k!!!!!! what a rip off that 99 should be 15k. i paid 25 for my 02 2 moths ago with 28k

camcojb

Established Member
cal50 said:
I live in Tucson, AZ. I have a 2002 L for sale with a AEM hard tonneau cover and a PSP programmed 6 pound pulleyed Silver, ported Eaton for $25000.
It has run 12.9 on F-1's at full weight on the street program.
It is in the AZ AutoTrader paper.
[email protected]

Pics below:

calightning.jpg

calightning1.jpg

calightning2.jpg

redz_02

Established Member
Yeah thats alot, got my 03 with 6000 miles for 27,900 back in august. Found an 02 cheaper with 38,000 miles but the thing all kinds of hopups and i fugured i should get a warranty for a buffer before i go mod crazy. They had a silver 2000 with 52,000 miles and wanted 19 grand for it here in austin. Prices seem to be pretty good here in texas on them.

Last edited:

LightningSVT

Established Member
I purchased my 02 Lightning just 2 weeks ago in Turlock, Ca and paid $24,000. The dealer had a $29,950 sticker price on it for several weeks before I bought it. Real clean condition with 24,300 mile on it.

71 455 Firebird Formula
02 SVT Lightning
04 S60 T5 Volvo

Lightning1

Established Member
Well, back in 2002 I was looking for a used Lightning instead of getting a new one and they were asking $34,995 for a 01 with 14k. I told them the new ones sell for less than that at all the other dealerships and they said it was $40k new. I went and bought a new one. Dealerships are crazy, I went to another and they didn't give me the time of day and acted like I couldn't afford the Lightning. I was 26 at the time, but I look 15.

Users who are viewing this thread