335 bfg drag radials

stroker342gt

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone knows for sure that these will fit on the back of an sn-95 cobra... looking to get a set to hold down a decent sized turbo on the street... any suggestions on wheel size or offset needed... or will they just plain not fit??? Thanks

HouseOfPower

315 30 18 is plenty of tread. I have them and the fit is perfect....however they will rub on hard cornering if your suspension is sub-par

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
blown vert said:
315 30 18 is plenty of tread. I have them and the fit is perfect....however they will rub on hard cornering if your suspension is sub-par

which bfg's 1's or 2's?

stroker342gt

Established Member
well right now ive got a 295/35/18 kumho mx on the back of the car now naturally aspirated... but we're bout to go into it and change out the rods and pistons and put about 18-20 psi on it.... and according to the numbers the 315 bfg is only a lil over half an inch wider than what i have... thats why i was wondering about the 335's...??? any suggestions...
thanks

HouseOfPower

Blown_By_You said:
which bfg's 1's or 2's?

BFG drags 315/30.....sorry about pic quality (old 1.5 mp camera), but you can see how snug they are with the rear suspension and the Koni's
12.gif

Last edited:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
A 335 will throw off your speedo a little. A 335/30/18 (assuming they make one) is 5mm smaller in diameter than a 295/35/18. You're probably talking only 1-2mph tho.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
They will fit, I had 335 Pilots for a while. You have to remove the quad-shock completely, beat the shit out of the inner wheel-well with a BFH, and roll the lip of the 1/4 panel nearest the tire. Looking back, it wasn't worth the trouble.

stroker342gt

Established Member
thank you... thats all i needed to hear was that they will fit, im gonna try it out on the 295s and see what happens but the 335 drag radials will add about a full 2 inches to the tire width.....
thanks yall

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
blown vert said:
BFG drags 315/30.....sorry about pic quality (old 1.5 mp camera), but you can see how snug they are with the rear suspension and the Koni's
Thanks alot, now you just cost me another $600.00 because you know I gotta get those tire again after seein your pic:D

white98snake

Established Member
well i kno guys running well over 1000hp and hooking on MT 295's so 335 is just overkill, its also ur suspension that will make u hook not just ur tires remember that

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
stroker342gt said:
Just wondering if anyone knows for sure that these will fit on the back of an sn-95 cobra... looking to get a set to hold down a decent sized turbo on the street... any suggestions on wheel size or offset needed... or will they just plain not fit??? Thanks

http://www.alternativeauto.com/misc/mach1_project_dec-05.html

This car is sick to drive behind of stand behind. The wheel and tire combo is incredible. I want this on my car really bad.

Last edited:

stroker342gt

Established Member
tires suspension so fourth...

No offense to those talking about suspension... but preaching to me about suspension is like preaching to a life long mcdonalds customer about a heart attack... last car was a fox coupe with a stroker that pulled 1.45 60's on motor off a foot brake, minitubbed, coilover, double adj uppers single adj. lowers, antiroll bar... i know my shit... just wanted to know if the 335 would possibly fit so that i wouldnt have to have the horrible ride that comes with all the suspension work... thanks to those of you with helpful info instead of preaching about suspension....

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
stroker342gt said:
No offense to those talking about suspension... but preaching to me about suspension is like preaching to a life long mcdonalds customer about a heart attack... last car was a fox coupe with a stroker that pulled 1.45 60's on motor off a foot brake, minitubbed, coilover, double adj uppers single adj. lowers, antiroll bar... i know my shit... just wanted to know if the 335 would possibly fit so that i wouldnt have to have the horrible ride that comes with all the suspension work... thanks to those of you with helpful info instead of preaching about suspension....

How could they know that??? No reason to get pissy.............Anyhow.
I dig wider but they have to be tucked like lidio's Mach 1 (above)... Otherwise, some sn-95's look like farm trucks.. 335 ftw

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I think a 295/35 BFG drag radial or 305/35 Nitto would do fine.

BTW, I have kumho MX 295's as well and a 315/30 BFG drag is TONS bigger... Hell, the 295/35 BFG drag is over 1/2 wider than these kumhos.

Wildpony

Established Member
blown vert said:

Can you leave the quad shock in place when using the 315/30-18 TA DR 's??

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
You're are focusing on the width of the tire too much, just because it is wider doesn't mean you are going to get that much more traction. It's more the compound, which you probably already know if you cut 1.45 short times. A good stick 315 tire is more than enough to hold a 600 horsepower car.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
stroker342gt said:

In all honesty then you should know that it dosen't matter if you could get a 335 under there or not if the side wall was only a 20. The same tire with more sidewall and alittle less width ( i.e. a 295 compared to a 315) will hook better anyway. But seeing how you have a vastly superior knowledge of drag suspension setups i figured you would have somethign resembling a ounce of knowledge regarding tire choice. But I guess thats me

mystical

Established Member
BFG does not make a 335 dr. Its either a 315 30 18 or a 345 30 18 like Lidio is running. I spoke to him about it and he said that he believes that the 99+ cars seem to have slightly larger wheel wells than the sn 95 cars and even than, it required a lot of "massaging" to get it to fit. The 345 looks killer, but might be more trouble than it's worth. On the other hand, personally, I would not run the 315 30 because of the fact that it is shorter than stock and having the rears shorter than the fronts is a big no no.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
mystical said:
BFG does not make a 335 dr. Its either a 315 30 18 or a 345 30 18 like Lidio is running. I spoke to him about it and he said that he believes that the 99+ cars seem to have slightly larger wheel wells than the sn 95 cars and even than, it required a lot of "massaging" to get it to fit. The 345 looks killer, but might be more trouble than it's worth. On the other hand, personally, I would not run the 315 30 because of the fact that it is shorter than stock and having the rears shorter than the fronts is a big no no.

Who's running the 345 and how did they get that monster on a sn95 because i would love to do that

Users who are viewing this thread