$337.56 to bleed brakes!!!!

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
$337.56 to bleed brakes

I'd like to recommend Bill Kolb Jr. Ford in Blauvelt (Rockland County) NY to anyone looking for such reasonable rates as this for service on their Cobras. Included in this bargain is a $26.53 Bleeder valve (broken during the service.) The best part of the deal was that I was quoted $139 before I brought the car in...and when I questioned them as to why the bill was 2.4X the quoted price (they didn't call to tell me there were additional charges)...I was told...unless I paid up..IMMEDIATELY...they would hold my car. The service manager won't return my calls to discuss either.

When I checked with 4 other SVT dealers I was quoted anywhere from $45 to $170...so you can see Bill Kolb is definately Number 1 in (bovine) service.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to ProSpeed Motorsports for their prompt service. I ordered a set of Brembo Calipers & Rotors which were the last set "on the shelf". 3 months later....after numerous
unanswered e-mails & telephone mesages (including cancellation) a box arrives unannounced (refused, Wilwood parts already bought). The best part...he ran the $1650 charge through my card...the day I placed the order....& then has the cajones to tell me he used the money to pay for the parts (which he had said he had on the shelf.) He is attempting to keep the money from my card.

This project has been a real experience

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

What happened? Did the brakes need to be bleeded since the valve was broken while doing another repair/install? There are a lot of crooked mofo's out there especially garages and a lot of Ford dealers. They could care less about repeat customers.

I have had my calipers off twice and I use one of the hand operated vacuum pumps sold at Autozone. Works like a champ. $35 total cost.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
The reason the system had to bled (professionaly?) was because I also changed the Master cylinder which necessitates the ABS to be cycled & you need an SVT computer code to do it.

SNAKESWINGER

Established Member
I had my master cylinder off and completely dry while doing my cam cap retorque ,reinstalled it and bled the system normally with no problems. Brakes were then much firmer than when new,I guess there was some air in the system from the factory

Users who are viewing this thread