350 Lawsuit

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford should have just made it standard and bumped up the MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
And by raising the number of GT350's that would have had the coolers you can better take advantage of economies of scale, thus the potential to reduce their cost. But noooooo.....

:)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford should have just made it standard and bumped up the MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

They did...in 2017.

I believe Ford was truly trying to reach more buyers in the market and increase their market share of sports car minded people.

The GT350 Tech Packs were designed for the BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc buyer in mind...not someone who is going to track it. That's what the Track and R packages were for.

C0bra99

Established Member
I agree that Ford should of been upfront more regarding about the tech cars. But to say they were misleading in the advertising and then expected to take all the blame and pony up to put in coolers in a little much. The owners should of become more educated and thus take the brunt of the blame. To take the word of a sales person is a mistake, since 99 percent of them have no clue about regular cars so to expect them to know about anything besides the ADM on the 350s is a stretch.

From somewhere on earth

jtn83

Established Member
They did...in 2017.

I believe Ford was truly trying to reach more buyers in the market and increase their market share of sports car minded people.

The GT350 Tech Packs were designed for the BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc buyer in mind...not someone who is going to track it. That's what the Track and R packages were for.

I think they were more focused on hitting a price point than anything.

All I know is my M3 never had any issues with limp mode, recalls, or fit/finish. Customer service was also night and day (but that's a dealer/franchise issue not a Ford Corporate issue).

CO Mack

Established Member
I felt the opposite. The electrical/mechanical integration seemed like it would be a huge PIA so I went Track Pack and then upgraded to the factory 8" screen/NAV, etc. I see you wanted the luxobarge seats over the Recaros anyway so moot point I suppose. Interesting nonetheless how we rationalize in such different ways from each other.

Ha, yeah, when you wrote yours up I was thinking same! I guess we can call them luxobarge, they're heavy I'm sure. If they'd put heating/cooling in the Recaros (at least heating) I might've felt different. I still prefer the tech GT350 seats to my heated FoRS Recaros though, even for spirited driving. I've had OEM street Recaros in multiple cars now, and find they look better than they fit me...I'm not a fat guy either. The main reason I bought this car was to be able to carry people, not to do solo trips.

Let's be honest. People are dumb. Ford is even dumber in this case for not making it clearer and nipping this one in the bud. You can't simply package away heat issues and assume that as a result you have mitigated a potential issue. Those responsible for the decision to offer any GT350 with transmission/axle coolers made a huge error. They weighed the potential ramifications and forged ahead anyway.

Agreed. Even the "smart" people didn't understand what was really going to be required though. I honestly thought the cooler kit was going to be attaching a few hoses and mounting heat exchangers, modestly harder than the oil catch cans.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Physically adding hoses, pumps, and coolers is absolutely no different than on any other Mustang in the past. The challenge lies in integration with the respective ECU if "factory style" operation is what you are looking for.

CO Mack

Established Member
Physically adding hoses, pumps, and coolers is absolutely no different than on any other Mustang in the past. The challenge lies in integration with the respective ECU if "factory style" operation is what you are looking for.

ECU, oh yeah, and that little thing about replacing the transmission!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You make it sound hard, but replacing a transmission [as a unit] is not too much harder than rotating tires.

Voltwings

Established Member

The only thing that "requires" you to replace the transmission is the internal pump. You could easily add an external pump and cooler like everyone else and call it a day without replacing the trans.

Also, i cant believe people are complaining about "only" 2.7 qts in the sump. Never in my life have i had a manual transmission car with more than 2.7 qts... what is it you think is standard?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The only thing that "requires" you to replace the transmission is the internal pump. You could easily add an external pump and cooler like everyone else and call it a day without replacing the trans.

Also, i cant believe people are complaining about "only" 2.7 qts in the sump. Never in my life have i had a manual transmission car with more than 2.7 qts... what is it you think is standard?

T56 is 4quarts

Most transmissions seem to be 3-3.5qts

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Replacing the transmission was never done in the past. As I said, unless you want full factory integration it is merely hoses, coolers, pumps, and wiring. No different than it has ever been.

Precisely.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ford Racing came out with a transmission that has the integral pump and a line/cooler kit, two separate part numbers. They are not Ford.

The Ford owners manual recommends coolers if tracking. You are free to piece together a kit from the aftermarket or to use Ford Racing hardware if that's what you prefer. For the third time, nothing about adding coolers is any different than it has been for the past few decades. Except, if you'd like to spend some coin, you can replace the transmission to get you that much closer to having a functioning kit.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wonder why Ford thought there was a need for a differential cooler in the 13/14 GT500 Track Pack option and not the GT350 Track Pack?

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Snoop - the Track Pack and R both come with a differential cooler (in '15/'16). Starting in '17 the GT350 has them across the board.

darcysheppard

Established Member
They dont have a concern. They want something for nothing.
To purchase the coolers on a 16 would cost 3k dollars. To purchase coolers aftermarket from ford costs 3k dollars. To purchase new 17 with tech and coolers oem would cost 3k more than there 16 tech cost.
They don't want to pay the extra 3k!!

They did not buy the coolers and now want Ford to pay for them.

If it was just about trans temp in everyday driving there would be no mention of the track in the suit. They would have specific data to back it up, 40 min driving in 78 degree ambient temp pulls power from the motor. I've seen nothing of that.

To answer the question there was a member who started a thread last month about this very topic. Said he was talking class action. Said, ford stated it was the most Track ready mustang ever.

I asked home to back up those statements. He couldn't. Turned out Fords own ads and press releases clearly state the 350/R being the most track ready mustang ever.

started quote "They want something for nothing.""

I 100% totally agree, this world is GETTING ****ed.......... People like this make me SICK, i have been envolved with people like this they are LAZY and cant afford what they really want, so they COWARD out and sue

"we are living in time where reality is becoming more unreal each DAY"
Edited by Staff. Don't bypass the profanity filter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread