350 Lawsuit

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus... Dynobrat is all kinds of ass backwards! Reading his posts is like watching a train wreck....

Keep them coming! Lol...

CO Mack

Established Member
They want to save some money...they don't trust the cf wheels...it comes with the coolers already and the recaro seats...

Yes, but they're heavier.

Look, I bought mine as a street "toy" for incredible tactile feedback and to do the occasional trackday if I felt like it. I wasn't looking for a track rat, but I was looking for a road-course tuned car that with minimal preparation could go to the track...like I have done with motorcycles off and on for 15 years now. For MY2016, Ford obviously upset some of its buyers, and they made a change due to it. I have multiple emails with FP about this and they were obviously getting tons of customers going to them about it.

This lawsuit should not be a surprise.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Jesus... Dynobrat is all kinds of ass backwards! Reading his posts is like watching a train wreck....

Keep them coming! Lol...
Ya know, I was trying to give the benefit of doubt. Now, not so much.
Any other members here with limp mode issues besides your junk?

CO Mack

Established Member
Is that the $3100 cooler purchase from Ford Perf? Is it the the same or different tranny model?

I'm not sure why they send a new one.

It's not a "cooler". It's a pallet load of stuff, including a transmission. MY2016 Base and Tech do not have the gerotor pump inside the trans you need to circulate the fluid.

CO Mack

Established Member
But it cost the same as the track pack option. Which is not bad.

Well, you also get Recaros for that $3100, and some aero bits and other tweaks. I'd paid for the Tech seats with that option tick so it's not same-same.

It was cheaper than I expected...after finding out I had to change the F'in transmission if I wanted the "proper" system. A heck of a lot more than I expected after I'd done tons of research and decided I wanted a Tech though; I expected a $1000 kit with a fun/easy afternoon install.

Dynobrat

Established Member
oh are you guys throwing pie in my face? I hope it's coconut cream.

I wager they win. The "minimum" performance of a Shelby gt350 for ANY owner should not be an overheating limp mode condition after 10-15 minutes of full use. Cooling should be adequate for ALL and upgraded from that point on.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
if it goes into limp mode in normal driving and verified and repeated by other users in similar circumstances ford will create a tsb and then recall the cars to fix the issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong Nick. Has there been any tsb for the 350 overheating?

No TSB.

I'm cheesed about it as well, not because the car doesn't have the coolers, but that it overheats without them. Don't care about tech pack or not, it shouldn't overheat and cause limp mode as a "base" car. Hands down, no arguement. You lose. There is more to a "top" track car than having "just" adequate cooling. Inadequate cooling (it doesn't take long...) for a car designed and marketed for that purpose is misleading. It should be able to handle the cooling side but be missing things that give it track status, be it what it is.

Can a gt350 handle a track? No. Only a track pack or R. That's not how the car was marketed.

If you can't track it all day everyday, it's understandable. If you can't get one session, it's defective.

The Base nor the Tech Pack WERE EVER ADVERTISED AS BEING TRACK CAPABLE.

Just so we're all clear. How and when has your car overheated?

Don't hold your breath.

Ya know, I was trying to give the benefit of doubt. Now, not so much.
Any other members here with limp mode issues besides your junk?

The benefit of the doubt should be long over.

oh are you guys throwing pie in my face? I hope it's coconut cream.

I would've guessed you'd hope for cream on your face.

CO Mack

Established Member
13COBRA said:
The Base nor the Tech Pack WERE EVER ADVERTISED AS BEING TRACK CAPABLE.

That's just not true at all. I got a book that says "Track Tips" with my Tech. Again. With my Tech. A book telling me how to best use my Tech at the track.

"ON THE TRACK
With oil coolers for the engine, transmission and differential, the GT350 Track Package and the GT350 R models are best equipped for extended on-track lapping at speed. The standard GT350 and GT350 Electronic Package certainly can be used on race tracks, but longer runs at high RPMs should be avoided."

It was also said in multiple places Ford would be offering a cooler kit for your Tech to bring it up to the level for "long runs at high RPMs".

Last edited:

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
The GT350 Tech Pack was built for the people who care more about the image than the performance. You would think the fact that the Track Pack and R are equipped with extra gear for track duty would've clued them in that a base Tech Pack car isn't meant for all out track duty. It's for spirited street duty and mild track duty, at best. Basically for the old fogeys who suffer from mechanical sympathy and/or scaredy-cats who aren't willing to rev the engine out or even go full throttle on track.

If they care more about heated and cooled leather seats than they do about performance, then they got EXACTLY what they wanted. I don't see why they're whining about it now.
So you're suing ford for punitive damages?

Smm7PT

Established Member
I had to wait 3 years to get an airbag that wouldn't rip my face off if deployed, in a much faster GT500, that doesn't handle or stop as well as a 350. But I didn't cry about it and hire an attorney....

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Can a gt350 handle a track? No. Only a track pack or R. That's not how the car was marketed.

If you can't track it all day everyday, it's understandable. If you can't get one session, it's defective.
I guess I haven't seen any clear definition of what "track capable" means. Your definition of "one session" seems arbitrary. Let's assume you're right and that Ford marketing statements about "track ready" apply to all GT350 models (I think they clearly don't, but that's beside the point right now). Now, "track ready" could reasonably be believed to mean "will handle well and be fast on a track." Given the marketing as "most track-focused," you could even assume it means "be faster than any other stock Mustang around a track."

To my mind, that means the car should be able to do 3 laps: one out lap, one flyer--faster than any other stock Mustang--and one cool-down. That is a session, at least that's what we call a session when qualifying for races. I'd love to see some examples of Tech cars not handling a single hot lap.

I know people probably get sick of my BMW analogies here, but people who were used to BMWs being all-day track floggable (is that a word?) for decades got a rude awakening when the twin-turbo N54 cars came out (335i, 135i). Those early 335i would go into limp mode within 2 laps with a fast driver at the wheel. Know what those guys did?

They bought oil coolers.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I guess the question is, does the car overheat faster then a basic Mustang GT? Does it over heat faster then the top track-pack GT?

If the answer is yes it's bullshit then.

Let's put it this way. The higher revving V8 in the GT350 has the potential to hit temperatures before the lower revving V8 in the GT.

Ford offered the Base and Tech cars to people who wanted a street cruiser; not a track warrior.

I've heard all the arguments from each and every side for some time now. My opinion has wavered back and forth. Personally, I figured it was easier to buy a Track pack and add the 8" screen/Navigation than to buy a Tech/base and try to add the coolers, etc. So I did just that (thank God!).:)

The bottom line is this - some in a position of authority with respect to the GT350 program felt that a model(s) without transmission or differential coolers had merit. They tried to parse content into categories that they felt gave the best choices (that included a bare bone/low buck option) and the decision to eliminate certain coolers was made in error. Ford had all the data but somehow felt they could segregate the buying demographic such that they could make everyone happy. In the end, they forgot the most important aspect...the GT350 should always outperform a GT at the track and that includes cooling performance. GM engineers are laughing at the situation Ford has put itself in (crikey, what are they using in the 1LE's....10 or 11 coolers?).

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Good post. The decision for the tech pack was a luxury 350 that could turn and be comfortable on the street(mag suspension) without the added cost of the coolers which is $3k. I sure the bean counters said who would pay an extra $3k if they weren't going to track it?

And they were right. You involved in the lawsuit purchased the tech and did not want to pay the extra $3k for the coolers.
You simply want the coolers leather and stereo for $3k less than those that are purchasing the 17's for.

Users who are viewing this thread