350Z in lala land

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by Peter
Maybe people like you!

Dude!! I'm a Skyline GTR person, not Fairlady (350)Z!! The Z is only overrated by its owners. Keep the Z in perspective; it was never intended to be (nor is it) Cobra competition. But we'll see what Carlos (Ghosn) has in mind with the "R35"!!

As for the GT, I'm pretty certain I can take an auto GT (stock) with my auto Maxima. (I already took down a 99+ 5sp GT but, I attribute that to the fact that the dude couldnt drive--given his over-rev on each shift). I'm certain a well driven Z can beat a stock GT/Bullitt and run well with the Mach I.

Peace.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
My brothers 99 gt auto already beat a stock z. Brother runs 14.0 with the bf dr and k&n, motorsport exhaust. He runs about 14.1 -2 stock tires, course he has practice. It runs good from a stop.

joegt38

Established Member
An auto MAXIMA you gotta be kidding. I woulda gave ya spot and spanked ya. I raced another 350z When I also had a few more mods (off road H, p&p upper intake plenum, chip and gear) and just beat the living shit outta him. He had a intake & exhaust.

My auto GT also ran 14.2 with just a K&N (street tires) Your bad ass maxima is about a full second slower. My cousin has a 02 maxima (the fastest one whatever letters it is) his GF beats him in her GTP.

Get over it brutha the 350z are DOGS & your maximas worse.

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by F23A4
Dude!! I'm a Skyline GTR person, not Fairlady (350)Z!! The Z is only overrated by its owners. Keep the Z in perspective; it was never intended to be (nor is it) Cobra competition. But we'll see what Carlos (Ghosn) has in mind with the "R35"!!

As for the GT, I'm pretty certain I can take an auto GT (stock) with my auto Maxima. (I already took down a 99+ 5sp GT but, I attribute that to the fact that the dude couldnt drive--given his over-rev on each shift). I'm certain a well driven Z can beat a stock GT/Bullitt and run well with the Mach I.

Peace.

Give me a break, your Maxima would be wooped by a GT. And a Z run well with a mach1, maybe if I loose a couple of cylinders!

:bash:

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
no offense because i love the maxima SE, but you would lose... your 255/246 3261lbs vs the GT 260/302 3175 (getting this all from autos.msn.com)

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member

Peace.
Okay you can run well with a GT...come run my Cobra hell I will take the NOS off and leave the timing down and still walk you. It seems as though your head has begun to swell after you beat a GT Mustang. As for a Z running with a Mach I...I will try and find one and hopefully video tape it for you to show you that they are slow and very overrated.

WDW MKR

Established Member
My father used to have a black Maxima SE, 5spd. That was one nice car! If I ever needed a family-oriented car, I would certainly consider and SE. However, they're not going to compete with any properly-driven Mach 1!! Any victory achieved over a stock '99+ GT would be due to drivers.

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by WDW MKR
If I ever needed a family-oriented car, I would certainly consider and SE. However, they're not going to compete with any properly-driven Mach 1!!

Maybe I misinterpreted my on post but, I dont think I state that a Maxima can compete with a Mach 1. Thus the reason why I posted "I'm certain a well driven Z can beat a stock GT/Bullitt and run well with the Mach I.

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
Or the fact the GT wasn't racing. :)

Which is why I posted, "I already took down a 99+ 5sp GT but, I attribute that to the fact that the dude couldnt drive--given his over-rev on each shift. ;-)

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by Venomous98Cobra
Okay you can run well with a GT...come run my Cobra hell I will take the NOS off and leave the timing down and still walk you. It seems as though your head has begun to swell after you beat a GT Mustang.

Never said I was remotely as quick as a Cobra. And, see post above (reg. head swell comment after racing Mustang GT).

F23A4

Established Member

My auto GT also ran 14.2 with just a K&N (street tires) Your bad ass maxima is about a full second slower. My cousin has a 02 maxima (the fastest one whatever letters it is) his GF beats him in her GTP.

Try a .5 second bro with terrible off the line wheel spin. An ya know what? At 14.7 seconds, I'm one of the slower Maximas on Maxima.org. Also, a 2k4 Max auto just knocked off a 14.4 second ET (all stock) over this past weekend.

About your cousin's GF's GTP, gotta love that 3.4 pulley. :D auto vs auto, stock vs stock, I'll beat the GTP. No bragging, just experience!!

Peace.

Last edited:

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
I have taken down a Shelby Series 1 but I attribute that to the fact that maybe he wasn't racing. Also with my timing being as low as it is then it would be remotely as fast as a 99+ GT.

joegt38

Established Member
Maxima.org must be worst then srtforums.com then cause 99% of your 350z are running best of 14.4. Not no auto maxima. Go on the z forums then, most of them guys post mid 14sec runs stock.

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
I never figured out why import guys think auto 99+ GT's are slow, they are barely behind a 5 speed GT. I had a rental auto GT, covertable also, last year when my truck was getting serviced. I got bored and drove up to Moroso, and cranked off a best of 14.3 in a completley stock 02' automatic GT convertable.

But I do know the Maxima's are quick. My friend is back in New York for winter break so she left her 03' SE 6-speed at my house, I really like the car. That VQ engine is very smooth, she has an intake and exhaust on it (think Magnaflow) but I didn't know it. I started her up and was like wtf, Nissan made these Maxima's loud LOL. Got out and saw the exhaust and popped the hood and saw the intake. Sounds really nice, very smooth agressive tone (almost exotic like). Only stalled once (seems the clutch has a pretty damn long throw to it) but it's smooth once you know where the take up point is, 6 speed is very smooth and it handles great. And it was definitley fast for a 4dr car, I'd easily say it's probably around a 14.5 car with a good launch with the manual trans, I can't see an auto Max running low 14's but if it did happen then thats suprising. The other night at like 2 am for some reason I had a craving for some stick shift driving lol, got in the Max and tore up a few roads here, especially this one very curvey with a bunch of S's road right outside our gatehouse, had a blast:rockon:

As for the 350Z and G35, I think it's the retarded owners that are overrated, great car (driven a friend's 6 speed G35 coupe), pretty suprised as it has a fairly loud/agressive sound for a stock exhaust. But I've been in my friends 03' Cobra (500 rwhp with bolt on's) and we've had a few owners pull up and want to race, a few have even said I take out Cobras all the time, WTF:lol1: , so instead of putting car lengths on them, we put bus lengths on them, heh.

Last edited:

F23A4

Established Member
Maxima.org must be worst then srtforums.com then cause 99% of your 350z are running best of 14.4. Not no auto maxima. Go on the z forums then, most of them guys post mid 14sec runs stock.

Forgetting the fact that I already saw a stock Z run 13.9 (Etown), that is pretty sad. Especially given that my auto Max ripped off a 14.7 (Etown) and Ga2000 on Maxima.org just ran a 14.48 in his new auto 2k4.

That is truly amazing seeing as my Maxima is short the Z car's HP/TQ (-32hp/28lb-ft), 6speed tranny (4sp auto here) and RWD (FWD here). I have no explanation as to why those guys are only equalling the Maxima/Altima 3.5L. All I can think of is four different things:

A) Their HP/TQ ratings are less than reported
B) The Altima/Maxima HP/TQ ratings are much higher than reported
C) Those guys collectively cant drag race
D) All of the above

:shrug:

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by 69gt4speed
Good kill, sometimes being old don't get why the kids flock all over those cars and think they are all that. Need some education sometimes..:lol: :beer:

That 69GT is a cool car, do you have any pics of it?

Pete

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm certain a well driven Z can beat a stock GT/Bullitt and run well with the Mach I.[/i]

the bullits here at infineon are running 13.8-13.9 with a headwind. the gt's are generally about .2 slower. i have only seen one 350 run and he beat wrx 14.5 to 14.8 again with a 15-20mph headwind

according to you the stock 350z runs 13.9 to 14.1 properly driven of course.

the mach 1s under the same conditions at infineon are going 13.2 13.5. to me the mach 1's are an easy .5 second faster than the 350z. but hey if getting beat by a half second "is running well with the mach 1" thats cool.:rockon:

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by Saleen Explorer
I never figured out why import guys think auto 99+ GT's are slow, they are barely behind a 5 speed GT.
I definitely dont think Mustang GTs are slow; that's probably a misconception about import guys. IMO, only the V6 Stang is slow.

I I started her up and was like wtf, Nissan made these Maxima's loud LOL. Got out and saw the exhaust and popped the hood and saw the intake. Sounds really nice, very smooth agressive tone (almost exotic like).

That's the only thing that makes me hesitate on modding my Maxima. The NOISE when modded!! :eek: The Altima guys have report similar noise from I/E mods.

And it was definitley fast for a 4dr car, I'd easily say it's probably around a 14.5 car with a good launch with the manual trans, I can't see an auto Max running low 14's but if it did happen then thats suprising.

Yeah, Ga2000 on Maxima.org ripped off a 14.48sec ET in his auto 2K4 Max; I can't imagine the 6sp not being faster.

As for the 350Z and G35, I think it's the retarded owners that are overrated, great car (driven a friend's 6 speed G35 coupe), pretty suprised as it has a fairly loud/agressive sound for a stock exhaust. But I've been in my friends 03' Cobra (500 rwhp with bolt on's) and we've had a few owners pull up and want to race, a few have even said I take out Cobras all the time, WTF:lol1: , so instead of putting car lengths on them, we put bus lengths on them, heh.

I totally agree; I believe that its probably the Z owners (more than anyone else) that have overrated the Z. ;-)

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
the bullits here at infineon are running 13.8-13.9 with a headwind. the gt's are generally about .2 slower. i have only seen one 350 run and he beat wrx 14.5 to 14.8 again with a 15-20mph headwind

according to you the stock 350z runs 13.9 to 14.1 properly driven of course.

the mach 1s under the same conditions at infineon are going 13.2 13.5. to me the mach 1's are an easy .5 second faster than the 350z. but hey if getting beat by a half second "is running well with the mach 1" thats cool.:rockon:

There was a Bullit at Westhampton track on Sunday, I believe he ran a 13.95. My Mach1(5-spd) ran a best of [email protected] and my friend ran a 13.4@104 in his (auto) mach1! Both cars will be in the High 12's before long, we just need a little more grip!

Pete:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread