373 gears

barstoolman

Established Member
My son has them in his '11 GT......loves them. Stays right with my '08 Shelby GT500, sometimes even wins. the numbers are very close on a stock '08 Shelby GT500 and an '11 GT with the Trak-Pak.

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
I've had both 3:73 and 4:10's. (and 3:55's now that I'm thinking about it) The 3:73 are by far my favorite. Very drivable. Anything more than that is too much for a street car IMO.

AmnDucky

Established Member
if your at idle in first and just floor it will it just smoke the tires?

On a cold day, I can be idling along at a few mph in second gear and floor it. By about 5500 RPM, the tires are spinning. No clutch kicking or power shifting needed. I love the 3.73's, but when I get more power I might drop down to 3.55's. The longer gearing means I can stay in third a little longer on the track. Nothing sucks more than hitting the limiter and knowing there is no reason to upshift since you would need to downshift for the upcoming corner in 20 yards.

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
144 actually but still, you've definitely made your point. Ordered my car with them, love, love, love them... That plus brembo's best setup ever!

146 is where mine stopped on the dyno. :)

As far as 3.73s being too short, I do shift 1-3-5 during easy driving....works well.

Grant808

Established Member
146 is where mine stopped on the dyno. :)

As far as 3.73s being too short, I do shift 1-3-5 during easy driving....works well.

I often skip shift 1-3-5 when tooling around...

impressed my co-woker when I unintentionally went 1-3 and still broke the tires loose. :banana:

Dave_6

Established Member
The one I test drove had 3.73s and I loved them. I accidentally went from first to fourth and it still pulled effortlessly, though now that I think about it that was probably the skip shift. :D

cobra916

Established Member
it seems like most are having tractions issues so i dont get why you would move up in gear..unless you were going to roll around on drag radials?

warlockgs

Established Member
it seems like most are having tractions issues so i dont get why you would move up in gear..unless you were going to roll around on drag radials?

Because it's a lot cheaper and far more effective to learn how to treat the gas pedal as a linear input rather than an on/off switch.

Users who are viewing this thread