3D printed guns

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Now I am old(er), but when I was a kid, a few of us knew how to make our own zip gun. Not an ideal platform, but for one shot it worked. I don't really see the difference with a plastic gun, and since pressure cooker bombs pans are on-line, and if you are in a hurry to hurt someone you still do not need a license to buy any number of garden tools or a baseball bat.

I am not a big gun guy (I own one) but this seems like a political issue to me, not a violence issue.

What I don't think a lot of people understand, is that the idiots that commit crimes think differently than the rest of us. A criminal doesn't care about himself (or herself) and certainly doesn't care about anyone else. Laws and penalties are a must, but there are those that just will not abide by any rules, and any damage to people no matter who they are is not important.

Everyone should have (thankfully DOES HAVE) the right to use force to defend themselves against such reckless people.

E

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

nxhappy

Established Member
I hear they can shoot 2000 bullets per millisecond. I also hear you can push a button to make them invisible.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
37996462_1867819336621318_6599550647140352000_n.jpg

bullitt2735

Established Member
I have been eyeing the Ghost Gunner for awhile now.

They're okay, I helped assemble the first batches of them ever made among a few other odds and ends with them. I personally would never own one mainly because the owner of the company sucks though not so much of its design. ( Never got paid for my work, as well as one of my friends never got paid)

CV355

_
Established Member
For the effort that goes into 3D printing a throwaway firearm with poor accuracy, poor chamber pressure, and likely to explode in your face... why not just make a slambang? They're incredibly easy. Hell there are plans out there for sheet metal open-bolt SMGs using common schedule 80 copper pipe, rivets, and a nail.

I get it, 3D printing is cool. Until LMS is as common as crappy little polymer string printers, I wouldn't dare to make a 3D printed firearm. Complete waste of time.

Actually, I take that back. I would 3D print firearms, go to sleazy liberal cities during gun buybacks and sell a ton of handguns for $50. $100 of material could yield $500+. Label it "Glock and Wesson" or something like that.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Actually, I take that back. I would 3D print firearms, go to sleazy liberal cities during gun buybacks and sell a ton of handguns for $50. $100 of material could yield $500+. Label it "Glock and Wesson" or something like that.

Holy crap this is brilliant.

I could finally afford the resin bed setup I've been wanting!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure I understand the drama. You can build an open bolt Sten Gun from Home Depot Parts in an afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Gravik

Established Member

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Are these not already illegal? Wording on ATF website would say so

Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

"The law prohibits a person from assembling a non–sporting semiautomatic rifle or shotgun from 10 or more imported parts, as well as firearms that cannot be detected by metal detectors or x–ray machines."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

X-ray will show it.

Metal Detector will pick up the ammunition at the very least. If you go with an ammunition substitute we’re no longer talking about an actual firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread