3rd Annapolis-area/Maryland Cobra Owners Meet/Cruise... OCT 3

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
yeah I also read rain saturday night and tapering off by sunday am. that's definatly good for us because it will probably mean a less crowded track.

Todd, don't feel bad about your times, you'll be able to outrun me....

Jason, we will be there before you(I hope), so you should see us. And I just noticed the yahoo comment....would you have preferred holligans? :).

Sean, you can probably add my friend Troy here at work to that list. He said he should be down by about noon with his Mach1. I told him about this post but apparently he can't find it?

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Rawsn8k, I've never been down that way at all, so I'm not sure where that is. I'm about 135 miles to the track from home and I've got directions right to the track, so we'll probably catch ya there. I will be going down 5 though off of the beltway, and plan on being at track around 9

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by RAWSN8K
I like that forecast better. Besides, the first meeting in Annapolis had rain in the morning and cleared up for us. Maybe it's a good oman.

True. Forgot about that.

Originally posted by FISHTAIL
yeah I also read rain saturday night and tapering off by sunday am. that's definatly good for us because it will probably mean a less crowded track.

Sean, you can probably add my friend Troy here at work to that list. He said he should be down by about noon with his Mach1. I told him about this post but apparently he can't find it?

Yea, we can only hope for an uncrowded track.

Send him the link. Troy is added with his Mach 1 below:

1) Troy (Mach 1)
2) Rich (04 Black Mach 1)
3) Todd (04 Comp Org Cobra)
4) JRS BLOWN SNAKE
5) F8LBITE
6) I-CAN-STANG
7) Cobrachs (Tentative)
8) RAWSN8K
9) Jimmy (??)
10) NJCOBRA10thA (+ Carstocks)
11) 04 Orange KB (Billy F.)
12) 04 Mystic KB (Larry B.)
13) jiu-jitsu99 (04 Torch - Doug)
14) Redfire Venom (Omar)
15) Micksnip (Mike)
16) 02skinsfan (Sierwan)
17) 03silvr10thvert (Scott)
18) mystangs
19) Hissssnsvt
20) apache
21) WraithCobra
22) Cobra330
23) IronTerp
24) thesnakecharmer
25) lRageATMl
26) FISHTAIL
27) 97Snake1668
28) jcayer
29) 04Torchvert
30) 2004svtcobra
31) mustangdan429
32) WUTWINE
33) Blk03SVTCobra

Total Confirmed: 32
Total Tentative: 33

:rockon:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Alright folks... Here are the directions from the Davidsonville Park & Ride (intersection of US 50 and MD 424) to Maryland International Raceway in MS Word format:

RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE AS

The directions are pretty simple and there's pretty much no back-road usage. Let me know if there are any problems...

It's gonna be a blast :-D

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
I feel like an Idiot - I am a computer professional but I can't download this damn document. All my PC's have XP SP2 and that's preventing me from getting to it. I have gone through all my security settings but I can't figure out what's wrong it just says "Your current security settings are preventing you from downloading this file"

Anyway for us SP2 challenged folk can you create another link to it with a non.doc extension like directions.txt and then we just know to rename it when we save it or or just email it to me.

Thanks

Dan

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yep, me too.....getting the same message. But, good thing I know how to get there anyway.........

And then, I guess we can just follow the Cobra in front of us......Should be enough of them!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra330
Hissssnsvt and all....I am sorry to say I unfortunately I have to back out of this Sunday. I promised awhile back I would help my girlfriend's sister move. It was supposed to be this Saturday but, due to complications on her end it will now be Sunday. If she had enough people to help I would get out of it but, I am one of few so, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyway..I am sorry and hope this does upset the apple cart. I hope I can meet up with you guys soon at a cruise, test-n-tune or something so, we can talk cars and stuff! If something changes I will let you know but, it ain't looking good at the moment.:cryying: :cryying:

Bummer man...I was looking forward to hanging out with a fellow Dale Jr. fan, maybe next time....:beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by NJCOBRA10thA
I feel like an Idiot - I am a computer professional but I can't download this damn document. All my PC's have XP SP2 and that's preventing me from getting to it. I have gone through all my security settings but I can't figure out what's wrong it just says "Your current security settings are preventing you from downloading this file"

Anyway for us SP2 challenged folk can you create another link to it with a non.doc extension like directions.txt and then we just know to rename it when we save it or or just email it to me.

Thanks

Dan

It's because freewebs.com is on your list of "restricted sites". I had the same problem after downloading Security Pack 2. But that's a problem, because that's where I host my website! It's free, and as far as I can tell, nothing is wrong with their page and they don't try to spyware, pop-up or virus you or anything like that. Renaming it to a .txt file won't do it, but I can tell you how to temporarily allow your self to download it. Follow these steps (this is for XP):

Click "Tools"
Click "Internet Options"
Click "Security"
Click "Restricted Sites"
Click "Sites"
Scroll down the list to "*.freewebs.com" and select it
Click "Remove"
Click "OK"
Click "OK"

Try the link again -------> RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE AS

If you want to replace freewebs.com back on the list, just go back to the list of Restricted Sites, type in "*.freewebs.com" and click "Add".

As I said before, I have never gotten any spyware, viruses or anything from this site since May of this year (when I put my page up). If you don't feel comfortable doing the steps above, I can email it to you. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll email it back to you.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know how/if those steps work for you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
Just another example that Microsoft is evil. I think it is a conspiracy to keep us from getting together. Even Bill Gates fears the Terminator.

This is going to be a great day. I will be bringing Predator (Dave) he will not be running his car but will caravan up with us from NOVA.

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Thanks I got it now. I never thought to see what the site actually was - DOH guess I really am burned out. BTW if anyone needs stuff hosted I have room on my hosted site w/ redundant OC3 connections.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
Bummer man...I was looking forward to hanging out with a fellow Dale Jr. fan, maybe next time....:beer:

Yeah I know..I was pretty bummed too..but, we'll do it again soon! Us Jr fans gotta stick together!!..and get ready to celebrate the first Nextel Nascar Cup Championship for Jr!!!

If something changes..though I got the directions!

Don't forget me for next time....and I think MIR has a Ford Weekend coming up in Oct? Anybody going?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
Yes, I'm planning on going to Ford Fever @ MIR as well. Here's a link with info about that weekend...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119947
Also, next Sunday Oct. 10th is All Ford Day @ 75/80 Dragway.

I will be at Ford Fever for sure.

Next Sunday I will be at the Northern Virginia Car show and Picnic all day..so, I won't be at 75/80. Not to impressed with 75/80..it does not seem to be kept up to well...but, they won't stop from going if you guys head there in the future.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by NJCOBRA10thA
BTW if anyone needs stuff hosted I have room on my hosted site w/ redundant OC3 connections.

That will be usefull when it comes time to host the videos we all make and such for this event :-D

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'm going to 75/80 next weekend on Sunday. You're right, It's not the best, but it's cool to meet up with everyone. My wife will have her Procharged Mystic in the car show. Hope some others can make it. I'll be racing if nothing breaks that I can't fix after this weekend LOL

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
That reminds me.....Does anyone have any spare half-shafts laying around they can bring along this Sunday? Hopefully nobody will need them but with 30+ Cobras you never know.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yea, I talked to Herman to see if could come, but he's heading to the beach for the weekend.....He brought a couple to the ModFords day, but happily there were no customers!!!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I will also be at Ford Fever. I had hoped to be at WW3 as well, but now it looks like I'll be in KC for a wedding.:(

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
Yea, I talked to Herman to see if could come, but he's heading to the beach for the weekend.....He brought a couple to the ModFords day, but happily there were no customers!!!

That man LOVES the beach... The first event that I tried to organize, he was going to the beach too :-D

Users who are viewing this thread