• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

4.0 Whipple pulley size

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by RI GT500, Jul 7, 2019.

1. RI GT500

RI GT500 Member Established Member

I have a fully built motor with a 15% crank . With my 4.0 Whipple and a 4” blower pulley , I’m wondering what kind of boost it’ll make ?

2. JimIII@jdm

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Same combination we run on Cobra Jet Mustangs they make about 25-26 psi. Factoring they run open headers but sport 10:1 compression. You should be somewhere close to that still. My opinion, it's a TON of boost for pump gas. I would only run that much on race fuel or E85. Otherwise I would get a STOCK size ATI balancer ring and replace your 15% with that until your running better quality fuel.

me32 and RedVenom48 like this.
  3. RI GT500

Thank you !! I’m going to run E-85 . Maybe a 93/Torco tune as well , I guess I’ll drop the boost for that , thanks again

4. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-In-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Is 4" pulley the largest Whipple makes for the 4.0L? Im thinking bout running that blower with a stock size balancer like @[email protected] recommended. I want to run 9.5 or 10:1, but Im going to add cams. Likely on Flexfuel for street hooning then race fuel/race e85 for the track or grudge nights in Mexico.

5. RI GT500

Exactly

6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Active Member Established Member

Did you ever do a 93/torco tune? What did it make for power? My buddy has a stock 5.8 with a 4.0 Whipple and he's having some issues with it. Trying to figure out what it should make roughly on 22 lbs.

7. genesmob

genesmob Active Member Established Member

I have a jdm 1500 long block with ss cams (love it) With a 15pct lower and a 4” upper it makes around 19-20psi in warm weather, Iat2 stays very cool with a triple pass he and a 14’he pump. With a 3.75 pulley it’s 21-22psi and around 1000whp (auto loses over 50whp compared to stick) with 16.5 deg on pump e85. Under [email protected] in the quarter in a full wt convertible so far. I’ve dynoed with smaller pulleys and the 4.0 isn’t done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedVenom48 likes this.
  8. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-In-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

What compression pistons are you running?

How much extra boost do you estimate that 15% balancer adds to the 4.0 upper?

I've got my eye on a 4.0 whipple in the future, but want to run on pump gas for road trips, cruising and such.

9. genesmob

genesmob Active Member Established Member

Compression is around 9.8:1.
    15pct lower is the only balancer I’ve had. I run the 4” upper on 93 octane for a couple tanks before I put it away for winter but I don’t beat on it and under 12 deg. of timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedVenom48 likes this.
  10. RedVenom48

Thats good to hear, Im considering 10:1 for my pistons. Id be doing the same with timing, but with less boost on a stock balancer it should be a smidge safer for my goals.

I appreciate the reply!