4.10 gears.......

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
Its either the LFP 3lb lower or gears. I figure they would be pretty close in torque feel. I remember when I did 4.10's in my 96 cobra. Best mod ever!! They should have came stock with those gears.
I have to see how the car feels after my next project is installed to see if gears are doable or not.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
ya I know postban is NOT happy with his...But mine were Motive....

I am now......... 4.10's installed last weekend. Absolutey silent, a tremendous difference over the screeching/whining hell the 3.90's were.

Minor difference from 3.90 feel to 4.10 feel.
I have the viper 5th and 6th gear so cruising 80 is very similar to 3.90 (2200rpm). I have not corrected the speedo yet so no comparison rpm numbers.

I 1st thru 4th, I love 'em.

Second time I said it here, I apologize completely for ever saying 4.10 was too much. It seems just right.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
postban said:
I am now......... 4.10's installed last weekend. Absolutey silent, a tremendous difference over the screeching/whining hell the 3.90's were.

Minor difference from 3.90 feel to 4.10 feel.
I have the viper 5th and 6th gear so cruising 80 is very similar to 3.90 (2200rpm). I have not corrected the speedo yet so no comparison rpm numbers.

I 1st thru 4th, I love 'em.

Second time I said it here, I apologize completely for ever saying 4.10 was too much. It seems just right.

Sweet..... :beer:

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Gears

I have 4:10's.....and with 26 inch tires it is too tall for 0-60.....you have to shift into third at about 55 - 57 miles per hour and it hurts the 0 - 60 time.....I am looking into coil overs for the rear and 28 inch tires.....this will move my shift point to 63 - 66 miles per hour.

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
get the cams then you can shift higher...the car is nasty now and 4.10 gos fast

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
dont, stage ii stage iii is too much for daily driving...its nice sounding and man it pulls forever!

03silverdrop

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
So would you go 3.73, 3.90 or 4.10's?

Is there an online calculator for the t-56 and gear ratio?
I've got 4.10's and at 65mph on the highway I'm at around 2,200 rpm's. I was very hesitant to do the gears but know I couldn't be happier. These gears are awesome and are really not as obnoxious as everybody thinks. I got a 2.75 upper and 4# lower and don't really have any traction issues in the warm weather. I'm sure when the temps start to go down that will be a differnt story.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
03silverdrop said:
I've got 4.10's and at 65mph on the highway I'm at around 2,200 rpm's. I was very hesitant to do the gears but know I couldn't be happier. These gears are awesome and are really not as obnoxious as everybody thinks. I got a 2.75 upper and 4# lower and don't really have any traction issues in the warm weather. I'm sure when the temps start to go down that will be a differnt story.

How much quicker did it make your car feel?

Users who are viewing this thread