4.6 Paint markings

Fordmotorsport1

Rook
Established Member
I bought an 03 Cobra with some pretty extensive mods and only got hearsay as to what was done to engine. I took the blower off to replace the hard line coolant tube from the water pump and saw some paint markings.. Was hoping someone could help me figure these out if they mean anything. back of the valley has 120700 on the sides of the valley are to80/to40 on driver side and to80/to80 on the pass side of the valley. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• block marks.jpg
    block marks.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
Never seen those markings before, only thing I know about regarding ford painting anything is the replaced head, would have blue spray painted lines on them so you could tell they were done.

Fordmotorsport1

Rook
Established Member
Never seen those markings before, only thing I know about regarding ford painting anything is the replaced head, would have blue spray painted lines on them so you could tell they were done.
Very odd yes, has to be rebuilt I think, not sure a junkyard would put such markings on but never know I suppose.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't think that's a "T". It looks like a plus sign to me. Maybe something from the machinist.

Fordmotorsport1

Rook
Established Member
Now you have me wondering what that could mean..+/-.080 what? haha..sounds like I need a new block so I know its done right.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It might be marking for how much is needed in those spots. I've seen machinists write bore sizes on pistons. If it's running fine and not using oil or coolant I wouldn't worry about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread