4 weeks old and an even better 12!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
One more week (4 weeks old) into the rig has netted me even better times.

This time, in more true street form, i now have my A.R.E. cap on which weights a good 100 pounds or so, I still have the sway bar pulled, but it always will be. I also kept the tailgate on. The only thing I removed was the spare.

With the cap, i would say i'm about even between the spare and sway bar as far as weight.

I did add the traction bars, but on street tires i don't think they do much, as matter of fact, my best run was with a worse 60' than last week. I think i need to tighten the space on them up a little.

Anyway heres the slip. I actually put my 2 12.76 runs on one slip so you could see them.

funny thing is, my faster run has a worse 60' and worse mph, however, the 330 and 1/8 mile times are exactly the same.

light1076s.jpg

the better weather must have definately helped, considering i was also about 150 pounds heavier than last week, and i picked up 2mph and 1.5 tenths. If you figure the 150 cost me 1.5 tenths, i really made 3 tenths today. Someone mentioned the fact that a cap and tailgate up would cause for less drag than no top and tailgate, i didn't believe it, but now i do!

Man, I can't wait for my slicks!

btw only 3000 miles on this puppy still :)

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Awesome runs, your not waisting any time getting those great times. It took me 6 months to get mine running like it is now, but I am verry happy since I never ran a 1/4 mile before April this year.

Can't wait to see what times you run next:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread