400 RWHP NA build

1WVCAT

Established Member
Yes, I'd like to see some 1/4 track slips with it as well. Just be nice to see what it could lay down even if its not actually built to be a drag queen for your use.

Regardless it should be fun reading and watching.

Lots of useful information here. So lets no ruin the intent of the thread!

1WVCAT

Established Member
An experienced driver on good tires and launch at HRP or Track somewhere near sea level it should roll 11's pretty easily.
There is a lot to consider on the drag strip but it has power enough to run way down in the 11's if traction, conditions and driver mod warrant it.

The slips will tell the story. Get it to hook, 60 ft and hit those gear shift points!!

Good luck and we'll await the outcome.

Last edited:

poisoned apple

Established Member
An experienced driver on good tires and launch at HRP or Track somewhere near sea level it should roll 11's pretty easily.
There is a lot to consider on the drag strip but it has power enough to run way down in the 11's if traction, conditions and driver mod warrant it.

The slips will tell the story. Get it to hook, 60 ft and hit those gear shift points!!

Good luck and we'll await the outcome.

One day! Maybe soon

poisoned apple

Established Member
Installed the bump steer kit this weekend... Attempted to align and measure bump steer... Very tedious.

Texas World Speedway t-minus 5 days!!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It's not that I am insinuating that he's a liar by any means. He mentioned that he would advance the cam but had absolutely no clue where the cam is to begin with. Then assumes the cam is installed on the lsa and says that's where it should be. Then states that he has done a bunch of cams with flat tops and knows what fits and what doesnt. Then asked the ptv clearence? You said you know??? Anyways enough of explaining myself.

You guys want to know what works with n/a stuff? Show me another pump gas, same displacement, na motor that makes more power. Until then I'd listen to record breaker for any advice. Because all theory and assumptions aside his engine makes power and works. #fact.

I said advance the cams and the reason for that was shape of the powercurve, nothing more. The ability to do so would increase avg power over the upper 3000RPMs of the powerband while reducing peak and power after peak very little.

If proper consideration was given the to lack of PTV clearance the cams could be advanced. However, the pistons should have had reliefs in the first place.

I can show you a pump gas engine that makes 390+rwhp. Many engines have made similar or more power but not everyone posts on SVTP or the other forums for that matter. Making big, n/a peak power is not hard with 4Vs as their heads even in stock form flow great. A friend recently, after a cam timing change I suggested made 480rwhp @7800 with totally stock 03/04 heads. Hell, the heads still have the factory valve job. A simple opening of the valve seats would put this car over 500rw.

I only pass on information gathered from first hand experience over the last 15 years with mod motors. If something worked, or didn't work for me I let people know. They can use this information as they please, but don't tell me something won't work when it did.

Aslept's engine is completely different than zacks. Aslept's is a class car with many restrictions that severely effect the way intakes and induction works. Race gas, class limited is a different than a pump gas street engine. That engine needs a larger tb am more plenum. But we will see when it gets "turnt up". Just gotta try stuff.

I'm not saying it needs less air. I'm saying a cam limited motor does weird stuff to the harmonics. You try an turn a bunch of rpm with it but the lift rules it makes it difficult.

Brandon's engine had ported 03/04 heads, an FR500 intake and cams with .480 lift. How does this differ greatly from the OPs setup?

Last edited:

poisoned apple

Established Member
I said advance the cams and the reason for that was shape of the powercurve, nothing more.

If proper consideration was given the to lack of PTV clearance the cams could be advanced. However, the pistons should have had reliefs in the first place.

I can show you a pump gas engine that makes 390+rwhp. Many engines have made similar or more power but not everyone posts on SVTP or the other forums for that matter. Making big, n/a peak power is not hard with 4Vs as their heads even in stock form flow great. A friend recently, after a cam timing change made 480rwhp @7800 with totally stock 03/04 heads. Hell, the heads still have the factory valve job. A simple opening of the valve seats would put this car over 500rw.

I only pass on information gathered from first hand experience gathered over the last 15 years with mod motors. If something worked, or didn't work for me I let people know.

Brandon's engine had ported 03/04 heads, an FR500 intake and cams with .480 lift. How does this differ greatly from the OPs setup?

Thanks for the input.

I'll be over 500 soon, once I'm able to spin it higher. And also I could instantly "gain" numbers wise, if I just put it on a Dyno jet. I'm not done yet! :)

bumsoil

Established Member
Not to derail this thread, but are these types of numbers possible with a b head cobra? i always see higher HP N/A builds with C heads.

Users who are viewing this thread