400 wheel suggestions

blue-mach

Established Member
what is the best and cheap way to make 400 wheel with out a nitrous hook up, supercharger? if so what brand?

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
yep, 3k for a used super charger plus install price plus tuning, compared to 500.00 nitrous. wait, you did say cheap right?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
vortech, Kenne Bell, procharger.

It isn't going to be "cheap" unless you go used and do the install.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Don't listen to them.

There is no 'cheap' FI. ANd that's the truth.

However, the least costly, will be getting a used P1SC Procharger on teh registry.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Don't listen to them.

There is no 'cheap' FI. ANd that's the truth.

However, the least costly, will be getting a used P1SC Procharger on teh registry.

NOT TRUE, ponygt65, ive seen you on here for a long time, dont get me wrong, but if you ever mod that thing you will know. spray is alot cheaper than SC or TURBO.
with that said, here is what i did.
first, bought a use p1sc kit, 2800. then wasnt in country so i couldnt do the install, was quoted 1800 to install it, and 800 to tune it. so do the math,
than-
went to pan handle performance, and bought a wet kit, 560.00 with purge another 100.00- optional- , and had it tuned, 700.00/ so for around 1200-1300 im at 400.

its 100% clear, that spray is the cheap way to go. but if i were to do it again, i would have just kept the p1sc and did it myself/.

Boss_302

Established Member
bamaRed said:
its 100% clear, that spray is the cheap way to go. but if i were to do it again, i would have just kept the p1sc and did it myself/.
Not to burst your bubble but how much does it coast to fill a tank up each time?? how long does a tank last?? wouldnt it add up quickly?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Boss_302 said:
Not to burst your bubble but how much does it coast to fill a tank up each time?? how long does a tank last?? wouldnt it add up quickly?

20-30 bucks and depends on how much/often you spray.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
HCI full + full bolt ons, injectors, and aggressive tune will get you real close to 400. Not sure if there are any folks out there getting over 400 with an NA 4.6 4V.

I am more focused on times than power. Isn't there a guy on here with a Na Mach running 11's? Granted it's got 4.56's, slicks and massive wt reduction but still- 11's? Sick man!!!

MustangFreak

Established Member
I debated this in my head for over 3 years before deciding that I don't want a supercharger.

My brother's Mach1 has about $6,500 into his S/C set up.

I can install a NX wet kit myself

$1,100 total parts.

$30.00 per fill up of a 10lb bottle

So I can buy the nitrous kit & fill up 180 bottles before equaling the cost of the supercharger plus pay as I go in a sense. It will be easier on the wallet being spread out over however long it takes to go through 180 bottles!

Users who are viewing this thread