440 HP, 425 lb Ft Torque

Jmeo

Established Member
Before I get in to it, the Boss is an awesome car. I love the design and idea behind it.

With that being said, before I ordered my 14 GT500 I had considered a Laguna Seca. I drove one for a weekend and it just wasn't doing it for me. If I was going to autocross it or take it around an actual track, it might have been my choice. The amount of torque, the "softness" of the transmission and the lack of a supercharger whine all played in to my decision of going back with a GT500. Maybe if I hadn't of had a 13 GT500, the Boss would've been enough for me, but after getting use to that, I just wouldn't of been happy with the Boss.

Coming from my 2005 Whipple charged GT to the 2015 PP car I can relate to you (kinda) about the GT500 and lack there of a supercharger. My answer to this equation is simple. I'm getting the 2015 pp and going to slap a Whipple or Kenne Bell on it an wham, Bobs your uncle.

Best of both worlds. Get a "track" feel car with more balls than the ball pit at your local Chucky Cheese. AND without every disease and germ known to man with said balls.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Before I get in to it, the Boss is an awesome car. I love the design and idea behind it.

With that being said, before I ordered my 14 GT500 I had considered a Laguna Seca. I drove one for a weekend and it just wasn't doing it for me. If I was going to autocross it or take it around an actual track, it might have been my choice. The amount of torque, the "softness" of the transmission and the lack of a supercharger whine all played in to my decision of going back with a GT500. Maybe if I hadn't of had a 13 GT500, the Boss would've been enough for me, but after getting use to that, I just wouldn't of been happy with the Boss.
Don't get me wrong, I have mad respect for the GT500s. Believe me I understand your specific comment about the Boss not being "enough" for you. I too came from a much more powerful car to the Boss... C6Z. I was very concerned that over time I would miss all that torque. And I have, but not as much as I would have thought. I have had my Boss over two years and have not touched the car powerwise. It is still all stock, including the cai. It just works well together. Several years ago I would have jumped at the idea of a stock 11 second car on DR that can handle the way my e46 M3 did. Well this is it... yes its missing that kick in the butt thrust the GT500 and C6Z has, but it is a very well matched package that is less about straight line power and more about all around driving. If the s550 is like the Boss in that way, there will be one in my garage at some point.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
One more thing... my disappointment is not just the s550 design...I was all excited about the 13 GT500 back 2 years ago. Itseemed like the perfect replacement for my C6Z... I had one on order to boot. Then a buddy got his, I drove it.... a big powerful engine in a tank is what I thought after the drive. Not to mention it couldnt even plant the power it had. I was so disappointed, I had already sold my Z out right. So I drove a 12 boss a friend had and no its not perfect, but it better filled what I wanted out of my pony car.so for the first timein my life I went with the less powerful car, and couldnt be happier.
Power isnt everything. The way the car drives and feels plays a bigger roll.... until I drive a s550, my opinion is still out.

It's hard to accept a lot of what you say because everything you say is so biased. Being a car enthusiast encompasses more than just one car fitting one persons needs. I understand your reasons for disliking the s550 but its a bit hypocritical. You say you hated the design, but if it's acts in certain ways like the boss, one will be in your garage. It would be hard for me to drive something, regardless of its performance to me personally, if it's ugly as sin to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
It's hard to accept a lot of what you say because everything you say is so biased. Being a car enthusiast encompasses more than just one car fitting one persons needs. I understand your reasons for disliking the s550 but its a bit hypocritical. You say you hated the design, but if it's acts in certain ways like the boss, one will be in your garage. It would be hard for me to drive something, regardless of its performance to me personally, if it's ugly as sin to me. Maybe I'm missing something.
Again if it comes off that way maybe I am putting it in a wrong way. Hate is a strong word, one I have not used to describe the s550 in any way.
Its ironic you mention that being a car enthusiast is about more than one car, I have owned nearly every brand of car on the market at one point. So I do not believe my Boss is the end all on the market. Its the most fun to drive car I have owned imo. But there is always another car that is better and gets my attention. The new M3/M4 is one, I also like the Z28 and the C7. If i were in the market right now for a new Pony car i might choose the Camaro 1LE for its value. The Hellcat also is exciting, but I am sure it will drive BIG. The s550 is not on my radar for a possible future car mainly due to the styling. But that could change with a hot engine/handling package or models. The Boss is a great all around Pony car. But there are plenty of cars that are better. And yes maybe the new 15 GT..... if so I will be the first person to say so. But until then, its looks have kept me from warming up to it.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I wouldnt care if it only gained 10hp over the 2014s aslong as there was a good 15-20 jump from 3000-5000rpm

1st of all, you all aware that it's a DOHC N/A Platform right? The stock cam timing profiles aren't designed to make an abundance of power @3k rpm in order to conserve fuel for city driving. Second you know a procal or a custom tune will resolve this, correct ?

Users who are viewing this thread