471whp/452wtq

07vert

Established Member
butttttt my guess is, you wouldn't have guessed it was a Subaru!

Dyno Pull - 26 psi on e85, semi conservative map for longevity - 471whp/452wtq on a heartbreaker mustang dyno
[youtube_browser]-rELytvW9UI&feature=share&list=UUGvrfrRPxZbvTmveR1GDJSQ[/youtube_browser]

Dyno Pull - 21 psi on 93, EXTREMELY conservative, basically just to limp me to an e85 source - 380whp/335wtq
[youtube_browser]PmiVAkkW9SI&feature=share&list=UUGvrfrRPxZbvTmveR1GDJSQ[/youtube_browser]

sti-3.jpg

sti-2.jpg

sti-4.jpg

Mod list, and more pictures can be seen here on my dailydriven.us feature.
Daily Driven » Max’s 2009 STi

Comparison between my 07 GT500 and this are second to none. While the shelby had instant torque, this thing really screams, most likely due to its power to weight ratio. 471whp/452wtq on a car that weighs 3350 lbs.

got some wheels last week!
1011650_10100184218132409_1638795247_n.jpg

Last edited:

smitty2919

Established Member
Why is it EVERYONE makes a point to say it's a conservative tune lol.

No matter what car, no matter what FI setup, the OP always lists the power/torque numbers then adds "on the conservative side" or something along those lines LOL

07vert

Established Member
Why is it EVERYONE makes a point to say it's a conservative tune lol.

No matter what car, no matter what FI setup, the OP always lists the power/torque numbers then adds "on the conservative side" or something along those lines LOL

Car has a 500+ whp dyno pull on this setup in her with some aggressive tuning, but the tuner and myself opted to stay on the safer side for longevity. Could make more power, but I didn't want to push it. That's the only reasoning behind my saying it.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Nice car OP! I was actually figuring it was a STi. I don't know of many other cars with identical horsepower/torque numbers.

laruei

Established Member
Nice car OP! I was actually figuring it was a STi. I don't know of many other cars with identical horsepower/torque numbers.

Lol really?

Anyways. OP awesome car! You'd never really expect it rolling up to it. Flames at the end of the run were sweet too!

Did I hear it breaking up a little during the e85 run or was that just me?

Last edited:

07vert

Established Member
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Sick numbers. I want to start saving for a rebuild in a few years because it will probably be inevitable.

Don't expect the praises you'd get on NASIOC though.

Been in the Subaru game a while, started in 06 with a WRX, left and then came back in 2010 with this STI, built her from the ground up. They're a bunch of douches. Didn't even post the numbers up on NASIOC, just for some friends on there.

Lol really?

Anyways. OP awesome car! You'd never really expect it rolling up to it. Flames at the end of the run were sweet too!

Thanks! I thought it was too on the dyno, turns out, the last run he just took it all the way to rev limiter or you most likely hear the EWG pulsating.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Lol really?

Other cars make this kind of power and more of course, but not many (that I've seen) make so close together in horsepower and torque.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Been in the Subaru game a while, started in 06 with a WRX, left and then came back in 2010 with this STI, built her from the ground up. They're a bunch of douches. Didn't even post the numbers up on NASIOC, just for some friends on there.

Thanks! I thought it was too on the dyno, turns out, the last run he just took it all the way to rev limiter or you most likely hear the EWG pulsating.

NASIOC is a joke. Every person there think's they are technical geniuses but their only answer is to read Unabomber's manifestos... I go on there to troll all though the local chapter areas aren't bad.

Zentenk

Established Member
My Viper only has 425hp to the wheels... that is on a safe tune though, with TT I could see over 1000hp, but I prefer to keep it NA.

Loving the sound they make though, may have to get one for the misses.

TClark22

Established Member
sick STI for sure. They can sound so nasty for a 4 banger, i've definitely heard throatier STI exhaust notes than yours but not bad. If one of my requirements for a DD wasn't getting good gas mileage, i would have one as a DD for sure! Came close to getting one but my mustang gets the same mileage those things do

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread