475 rwhp Kenne Bell?

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
I was checking this out the other day. Is that a good price for that blower, seems kinda high for used.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah I saw that add last night and three is no way he was making that much and even if he did there is no way he outran a GT-500

SpdPilot

Established Member
If it was setup the way he says it was... then yes, it is very possible to hit 475rwhp. And does not sound like BS from the guy. He sounds like he knows what he is saying.

15 pounds of boost, would require Meth Inj. He also mentioned the car had the bigger injectors and Lightning 90mm MAF, which also makes sense.

I have seen guys running 10-12 pounds putting down about 400rwhp.

I have the same setup and I am shooting for 500rwhp with 17 pounds.

Either way, the engine, unless forged, was living on barrowed time.

The price is about $500 high in my opinion....if it has the MAF and Injectors as stated, but they are not in the pictures. The MAF $300, Inj $500, tuner $400, Meth $500?, KB kit $3900 all new prices. So again, he said about $6K invested, not far off. If in fact he had it hitting 15 pounds, then it would have to be a 2.1L...BUT it looks like a 1.7L to me. I could be wrong. Being that it is all used and unknow condition, then I wouldn't pay more then about $3000.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
15 lbs would cook the blower under normal driving conditions since there is no bypass, according to kb that is. That either would have had to be his race pulley or that blower has taken a beating. The price is ALRIGHT if it's a 2.1, i wouldn't pay anything near that for a 1.5.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
if you guys are considering a KB for our cars; why not just stuff our teksid block with the good stuff and add 03 heads and an 03 KB kit? Wouldn't this be a better, cooler route?

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
its possible, there is a guy in STL making 390 at 7 psi with a good tune on a other than the blower stock 96 cobra, its all in the tune. Now how long your motor is gonna last is another question

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Yeah I saw that add last night and three is no way he was making that much and even if he did there is no way he outran a GT-500

Not sure how you figure that one. More rwhp and far less wieght than a stock GT500? What is not to believe? :read: That is of course assuming he is telling the truth about the rwhp.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I dont beleive it because he said that the guy with the KB raced him in his own GT500 with the following.....

"My customer raced me two times in my 08 GT500 (had 3.73 gears, Afco heat exchanger, longtube headers, hi flow cats, catback, JLT air intake, 2.6 pulley and tune) and beat me by two car lengths each time..."

If the GT500 had those mods it was prob putting out more then the 475 at the rear tires.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
I dont beleive it because he said that the guy with the KB raced him in his own GT500 with the following.....

"My customer raced me two times in my 08 GT500 (had 3.73 gears, Afco heat exchanger, longtube headers, hi flow cats, catback, JLT air intake, 2.6 pulley and tune) and beat me by two car lengths each time..."

If the GT500 had those mods it was prob putting out more then the 475 at the rear tires.

Don't forget the GT500 is a pig! there was a video on here of a stock 03 racing a stock gt500 and the gt500 only beat the cobra by a car. stock 03's generally put down 360ish at the wheels. Add 100 hp and substract a little weight. sounds realistic to me.

Users who are viewing this thread