4eye to aero Dash Swap

smanderson6571

Established Member
So Ive had a couple threads on here about a 79 notch i'm building and a 91ish notch i ended up with for a parts car. the newer car has been swapped from efi to a carb'd setup with spray, msd, window switch and rev limiter. All of this will be placed into the 79 with the motor and tranny..i'm not a huge fan of the 4eye dash and am not wanting to leave the tan interior in the car so i'm curious how hard it would be to swap my grey 91 dash into the 79 along with the harness for the engine so i don't have to worry about trying to rewire the motor into the 79 harness. I found a couple threads on over at 4eye pride but was just curious if anybody had done this swap or could give a little insight on which path would be smarter to go down. Any help comments or opinions are welcome

Thanks in advance!

mtw002

Established Member
I'm in the process of doing it now to my 83... It hasn't been fun. Nothing bolts directly in. The heater box doesn't line up with the holes in the firewall. So in order to have your heater and a/c (if equipped), you'll have to get a template of a 87+car.

My first post haha...

wheelhopper

Established Member
I personally prefer the style of the 4 eyed interior. I prefered my '85 over my '90 and still do. The older 4 eyed do look a little worse, with the wood grain crap.

smanderson6571

Established Member
Well like i said ive got a complete 91 that i could use for reference but its hit hard enoigh the firewall is pretty screwed up on the right side so it might be a challenge for templates. And wheelhopper thats the noat im in, it is the woodgrain and i just dont care for it lol, its tan eith the wood and im swapping the rest of it over to grey so was considering the swap because ive got a grey dash in the 91. Id leave it old and figure somethin out but i was going to swap the harness to keep it with the motor instead of trying to rewire it into the 79 harness if that makes sense?

Users who are viewing this thread