4k mod budget, what are your thoughts?

ChuckV

Established Member
I'm thinking ported eaton, clutch, LDC Cooling Mod, Fluidyne Rad, Evans Coolant, 60lb injectors, 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, Nittos, BF IRS Brace, FIPK, Stingers, and obviously dyno tuning.

Does that sound reasonable? I really don't think I can afford spending more than 4-5k, which looks like it puts me just below what I'd need to REALLY set up a KB/Whipple with all of the supporting mods (ALL the cooling mods, input output, DSS lvl 5/Solid Rear, etc), but it seems like a ported eaton with all the mods sucks up a fair bit of cash too, vs just the intake/exhaust/pulley/chip method. Am I missing something, or is what I listed above the best way to spend 4 grand on this car?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
add some Billetflow IRS Mounting brackets, $50 too. You will very likely need pumps and MAF or mafextender with the port and those pulleys. If you just did 2.76 BF non-slip and 4 idlers you would be ok without them.

btw, you are spending wisely IMO

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that you have a good list there. Great mods. But like Postban said, if you're porting the blower you will likely need to upgrade your pumps, or add the KB Boost-A-Pump. I maxxed out my MAF and pumps at approx. 495rwhp.

You're going to love this package if you proceed with it. Best of luck! :)

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I agree with postban. Do a MAF upgrade and BAP or pumps. I would also throw N20 into that list. :banana:

Also get an oil seperator when doing the port.

Will

Last edited:

ChuckV

Established Member
N2O, eh? Hehehe, I've never been a fan of using nitrous on my street driven cars. Just seems like another thing that might go wrong. Maybe if I get sick of 500whp.

Alrighty, I'll add your suggestions to the list. Would an X-Pipe be worth adding? From what I've seen, they don't add all that much power, and as much as I love a loud exhaust, I'd rather not wake up everyone within a 3 block radius everytime I turn on the car. Thanks for the feedback folks.

Brad

Banned
If i could do it again, with 4k to start, I'd just do catback, intake, and used kenne bell on low boost. Then as I could afford supporting mods I'd slowly increase the boost and hone the tune. I don't see why you'd want 60# injectors on a ported eaton, unless you're planning a HUGE wet shot. The stock MAF and fuel is 100% fine on a high boost ported eaton. I'm also not a fan of building up the IRS if it isn't broken. A diff brace is a good idea, but it takes alot to break the stock IRS, I'm making 500 then around 600 on the nitrous, and I'm still on the stock halfshafts etc never an issues other than the diff, but the brace solves that.

Kenne bell with catback, intake, and chip would be very high 400's to low low 500's on a very safe tune. Or you could do everything you listed and be running the eaton to its max output for the same money to have the same power, then have to upgrade your blower later when you're itching for more.

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
:poke: Hmm; if I might chime in. Best idea of all would be to send that $4k to me so I can slap on a blower and have a half arse chance at hangin with some of you guys :-D By the way very nice cars guys. I am so friggin tempted to sell my 93Cobra and either get an 03Cobra or an 05GT (not the GT-40 lookin car). :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread