4V Camshafts for sale

gbrown8439

Established Member
As some of you know I bought a lot of Roush Yates excess inventory from their road race program. These camshafts came from that purchase. Most of them are from their Daytona Prototype engine program but at least one of them came from the FR500C program. Unfortunately, I have very little information about the cams other than duration and obviously I can measure lift. I have measured most of them and they come in between .480-.490.

If you are interested in a set I can get you pictures and all of the information that I have (which isn't much).
I'm asking $500/set plus shipping.

Below is a list of the sets that I have and their duration:

4 sets @ 258 duration
2 sets @ 264 duration
1 set @ 272 duration
1 set @ 276 duration
1 set @ 280 duration
1 set @ 282 duration

Let me know if you have any questions.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Whether or not they can be used depends on the duration.

At what lift were the duration measurements made?

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
Damn, I really need a set of cams but there just isnt enough info here. If you can find more details, please post up.

Sleeper98

Established Member
Is there any way you could have these checked by a machine shop. Not to be a jackass but at 500 it'd be nice to have a little more info

IcemanSN95

Established Member
I'd be seriously interested in a set of these! I'm wondering if your 264's or 272's would be close to Comp's 106100's or in that ballpark?

na svt, if the lift on these is close to what is stated. One wouldn't need to get upgraded valve springs would you? Thanks!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I'd be seriously interested in a set of these! I'm wondering if your 264's or 272's would be close to Comp's 106100's or in that ballpark?

na svt, if the lift on these is close to what is stated. One wouldn't need to get upgraded valve springs would you? Thanks!

You would need new springs

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
My guess, the duration will be roughly 35 degrees lower @.050

Most of these cams are in the 222-248 range.....if that is the case.

OP when you say (set) are you referring to 4 cams? Also will you split up a (set), say if I wanted a different vs exhuast profile.

Thanks

Last edited:

IcemanSN95

Established Member
You would need new springs

Thanks!

With that being said, If you somehow or do get them measured and it turns out that a set of these doesn't require upgraded springs, then let me know. I would definately be interested in purchasing a set from you :beer:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Thanks!

With that being said, If you somehow or do get them measured and it turns out that a set of these doesn't require upgraded springs, then let me know. I would definately be interested in purchasing a set from you :beer:

.480/.490 lift they will need a spring/retainer regardless. Generally anything over .425 you want a bigger spring.

gbrown8439

Established Member
My guess, the duration will be roughly 35 degrees lower @.050

Most of these cams are in the 222-248 range.....if that is the case.

OP when you say (set) are you referring to 4 cams? Also will you split up a (set), say if I wanted a different vs exhuast profile.

Thanks

Yes, I'm referring to 4 cams. I wouldn't want to split them up unless I had people interested on what was left.
Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread