4v Modfox questions!!!

CrawCobra97

Established Member
So I came across a fox body with a 4v swapped in it for 5k, it has long tunes Cai, and msd coil packs, has 147,500 miles on motor, swapped from 98 donor, has front seats sn95 dash gauges, center console, new clutch, short throw, anyways I was just wondering a couple of things any common problems with this type of swap?, and with that kinda mileage what should I look for?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
The swap isn't to crazy. does the car still have the factory electronics all swapped over? with pcm, some people have changed them over to distributors in the past. 148k miles is always pretty high for anything, but the price doesn't seem bad at all to me.

SVT GI

Established Member
I've seen the one in question on CL, white right? I think it's a good price and was considering going to look at it but I only wanted the 4v swap for another project, just not a fan of hatches anymore (owned too many of them) only notch's. Cheaper than the $7K + that people want for a 4v swap package or piecing one together. I haven't seen the car in person and don't want to talk bad about the car but my guess the body needs some work is reason for low price.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
I actually live around the area have seen him out at meets, the body looks nice I believe just because the motor is high mileage, just would not be sure what I do with it, and all motor build with b heads just does not produce enough power while a pa will but cost a pretty penny and I would be scared to hook a bottle up to hat high of mileage lol

SVT GI

Established Member
That doesn't sound too bad then if body/paint is good. Well if you do get it, I'll have a Vortech T-trim up for sale soon you can slap on there! Lol. Good luck, keep us updated!

CrawCobra97

Established Member
How much would you sell that for serously and do you think the motor would take the abuse? Only put down about 8lbs through it,

SVT GI

Established Member
Haven't firmed up price yet, I just bought the car and has been in storage in Atlanta. I just returned from overseas and am picking it up end of March. I want to verify everything first but ~$1800 is what I had in mind. Polished, T-trim v2, Anderson pipe, 60lb injectors, non intercooled. 6-8 lbs and a good tune it might stay together for a while lol.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Let me know ASAP I will give you an extra 200 just for me to be the first you contact lol plus it sounds like we cold somewhat close to each other,

SVT GI

Established Member
Lol alright pm me your number and I'll let you know when i get everything taken off. Didn't mean to derail your thread! Seems like a great toy to play around with and enjoy though.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Yeah I wanted to do this to the car I have now but just, I guess so many other things with the car bugged me, I ended selling it or most likely will be tommrow

Users who are viewing this thread