4v swap won't start help!!!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
doesnt sound like its even trying to fire. I would verify the fuel pump is coming on (should be able to hear it prime with the door open when you turn the key forward or use a small screw driver to press down on the valve on the pass side fuel rail). If you have fuel then you need to verify if youre getting spark

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
after a second look I see I'm leaking fuel from the the passenger side injectors thinking that could be the problem lol but I have an even bigger problem I believe. Upon inspection of leakes I see I got either transmission oil or motor oil coming from in between the motor and bell housing

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
Ok so I got the fuel rails taken care of still no start . Replaced all spark plugs nothing I'm using original ecu and all and even reset the fdpm. Checked fuel pressure and its there fuel pump so I'm kinda ruling out fuel. I don't think is a pats issue as the theft light isn't flashing. I did check the coils and they were not firing when tested them but I'm not sure if it's because the car won't start I guess I will try some coils next but any input would be nice and GREATLY APPRECIATED LOL!!

1SLOSN95

Established Member
Check out your crank sensor. If you had the motor apart, make sure the timing gear thing is in there. I rebuilt my old 4v and forgot to put it back in. Did the same thing yours is doing. Lol I was young and dumb.

sc4.6

Established Member
I'm assuming you swapped the 4v into a new edge GT? If so, did you switch the polarity on the coil wiring?

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
Yup polarity switched and I actually put a new crank sensor in it. I'm gonna check the wire with a volt tester to see if power is going to the wires. Yes this is a 4v swap lol forgot to put it. Haha yea I'm young and dumb I will say this it will be a while before I do this again!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the coils have to spark for the car to start. I doubt all 8 coils are bad. Im really not sue what the best procedure is to trouble shoot from here

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
1slosn95 I see what you are talking about now lmao!!! so I took the crank sensor, looked through the hole and the crank sensor wheel was not there. i guess when my builder was putting it back together they didn't put it back in. so i am having one shipped and i will test this out Wednesday. Hopefully this works and i can drive my car before the cold weather comes lol

Users who are viewing this thread