5.0 to cts-v

o2gt

Established Member
Just wanted to see if any of you have gone from a 5.0 to a newer cts-v. I think I will want to go to a four door car when I get done with school and the used cts-v are priced nicely and I imagine will only get better when the new v comes out. how do you guys who have made the switch or just v owners in general like it and what simple mods do you recommend? thanks for the help.

Josh

testorossa1989

Established Member
I feel guilty to say i do like the CTS-V. They suffer from the normal GM bugs. Its a cool car if you want to turn a head or two but the weight really does hurt it. If your spending that much you will be far happier in a "13 GT500. Just because it has 560bhp doesnt mean its going to run 11s at the track all day. If your looking for a luxury car with Get up and go, The cts-v sounds like a match. If you want that merge on a highway kind of power, look elsewhere.

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
I feel guilty to say i do like the CTS-V. They suffer from the normal GM bugs. Its a cool car if you want to turn a head or two but the weight really does hurt it. If your spending that much you will be far happier in a "13 GT500. Just because it has 560bhp doesnt mean its going to run 11s at the track all day. If your looking for a luxury car with Get up and go, The cts-v sounds like a match. If you want that merge on a highway kind of power, look elsewhere.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Unless you need a 4dr, stick with the GT and pay it off.

Chasing payments when you can be socking away funds for investments is ftl. I regret many vehicle decisions in my time, that money could have been used for much better things.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
GT500 costs more than a used CTS-V and doesn't have the 4 doors the OP said he wants. Wow.

kaz109

Established Member
I didn't care for the cts v at all.. why do you want a 4dr are? Just pay off the 5.0 and get a beater 4dr

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

You do realize he said a CTS-V right? A 556 hp CTS-V, not a 1992 STS. You do realize you advertise your car as 410hp and said a 556hp CTS-V is slow. OMG The retardedness in the statement has overwhelmed me.

OP I agree, sock your money away.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
OP, I to have considered a CTS-V, but in the wagon form. I have 2 young daughters so I need a little more room.

Plus I think a cam'd out dropped wagon at a light would suprise a lot of people.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Unless you need a 4dr, stick with the GT and pay it off.

Chasing payments when you can be socking away funds for investments is ftl. I regret many vehicle decisions in my time, that money could have been used for much better things.

Smartest post yet:beer:

testorossa1989

Established Member
You do realize he said a CTS-V right? A 556 hp CTS-V, not a 1992 STS. You do realize you advertise your car as 410hp and said a 556hp CTS-V is slow. OMG The retardedness in the statement has overwhelmed me.

OP I agree, sock your money away.

Did you ever think thats my bone stock setup, I dont advertise my numbers. Secondly.. Just because it has 556hp doesnt mean its fast. Actually to todays standards 556hp is not really a lot. They are making bone stock 5.0s with over 400hp and thats a entry level cloth seat no options. Its food for thought I am giving the CTS-V the benefit of doubt and saying the coupe. Im not even touching on a 4door. If you want to compare that look at the C63 amg 4D. Has 650hp and does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds... almost 5 seconds.. Thats the same as the Jaguar XF and that has a 5.0 supercharged. Both being sedans and neither of them being GM. So please tell me how the CTS-V is more superior in power, performance and handling compared to a GT500 or even a 5.0 or better yet my car which you so quickly assumed was a "Bone stock" cobra. You can take your foot out of your mouth now.

But wait!!! Cadillac says they made it so the wiped blades dont fly off at 180mph!! THAT MEANS ITS AUTOMATICALLY FAST :bash: :nono: :burn:

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Did you ever think thats my bone stock setup, I dont advertise my numbers. Secondly.. Just because it has 556hp doesnt mean its fast. Actually to todays standards 556hp is not really a lot. They are making bone stock 5.0s with over 400hp and thats a entry level cloth seat no options. Its food for thought, secondly im giving the CTS-V the benefit of doubt and saying the coupe. Im not even touching on a 4door. If you want to compare that look at the C63 amg 4D. Has 650hp and does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds... almost 5 seconds.. Thats the same 1/4 mile of a Jaguar XF and that has a 5.0 supercharged. Both being sedans and neither of them being GM. So please tell me how the CTS-V is more superior in power, performance and handling compared to a GT500 or even a 5.0 or better yet my car which you so quickly assumed was a "Bone stock" cobra. You can take your foot out of your mouth now.

But wait!!! Cadillac says they made it so the wiped blades dont fly off at 180mph!! THAT MEANS ITS AUTOMATICALLY FAST :bash: :nono: :burn:

Long story short, a CTS-V is fast.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
If you want to compare that look at the C63 amg 4D. Has 650hp and does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds... almost 5 seconds..

The C63 has 481hp and does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, the same time as the cts-v.

testorossa1989

Established Member

Sorry im thinking of the s63 i think it was. I get my trims confused, a lot of the MERCs tend to run together.

Regardless the CTS-V is a nice car if you want to have a quick car without sacrificing the luxuries that made the cadillac name. It really depends what the OP is looking for. Sport or Luxury. Having a 5.0 and considering a cadillac will clearly have its greater advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member

And it doesn't need a SC to run the times it does. The C63 is much more raw IMO and after driving both I couldn't find anything the CTS V was better at and with it having a SC I found that unexceptable . The only think I like better about the CTS V is it has a MT option. So if you are a die hard MT guy they the CTS V is the best choice. I know I will be out numbered in my opinion but after my 30-40 min test drive with a CTS V I really couldn't find a single thing I enjoyed about the car other than it was a MT

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Did you ever think thats my bone stock setup, I dont advertise my numbers. Secondly.. Just because it has 556hp doesnt mean its fast. Actually to todays standards 556hp is not really a lot. They are making bone stock 5.0s with over 400hp and thats a entry level cloth seat no options. Its food for thought I am giving the CTS-V the benefit of doubt and saying the coupe. Im not even touching on a 4door. If you want to compare that look at the C63 amg 4D. Has 650hp and does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds... almost 5 seconds.. Thats the same as the Jaguar XF and that has a 5.0 supercharged. Both being sedans and neither of them being GM. So please tell me how the CTS-V is more superior in power, performance and handling compared to a GT500 or even a 5.0 or better yet my car which you so quickly assumed was a "Bone stock" cobra. You can take your foot out of your mouth now.

Again retarded.
Actually I doubt your car even puts out 410hp even with stickers and a K&N.

It's a SLS AMG that puts outs over 650hp @ $200,000+.

A stock V will rape a stock 5.0 period, and a 2013 GT500 is a lot more money than a used V like the OP was talking about.

And I'd bet a 1st Gen V would probably rape your particular Cobra.

Top speed of a V is 190mph+

kaz109

Established Member
Again retarded.
Actually I doubt your car even puts out 410hp even with stickers and a K&N.

It's a SLS AMG that puts outs over 650hp @ $200,000+.

A stock V will rape a stock 5.0 period, and a 2013 GT500 is a lot more money than a used V like the OP was talking about.

And I'd bet a 1st Gen V would probably rape your particular Cobra.

Top speed of a V is 190mph+

You are both wrong and know little to nothing at all about AMG cars (not that you should this is a ford site) there is no Benz that puts out 650+HP....the closest think to that number is the SL65 ...the new biturbo models ( E63 and S63) will put that out with a tune but not stock .

Users who are viewing this thread