5.0 vs Terminator

Comp281

Established Member
I'm a long time Terminator owner and will be renting the new 5.0 to drive to Carlisle PA for the all Ford show in June. I'm looking forward to getting an idea of what the new Mustang is like. I will have it for 4 days so I'll be able to get a good feel of what the differences are. I will post my thoughts after. For now, Terminator FTW!

Anabolic

Banned
I'm a long time Terminator owner and will be renting the new 5.0 to drive to Carlisle PA for the all Ford show in June. I'm looking forward to getting an idea of what the new Mustang is like. I will have it for 4 days so I'll be able to get a good feel of what the differences are. I will post my thoughts after. For now, Terminator FTW!

are you gonna be able to take the agony for 4 days? yikes...
TERMINATOR FTW! :burnout:

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
the wife drives a 2013 GT and I have a 2003 Cobra and they are two totally different cars. If I had to DD one of them it would be the 2013. For the weekend warrior its hands down the Cobra. 2013 feels more like a sedan, Its big and comfy. Cobra feels more like a muscle car. Love both of them.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
For a "toy" get the terminator. For a comfy dd get the new GT. Although I imagine gt owners will take a bit of a hit on their car values when the new mustang comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Believe me if I could afford both I would. I'm very indecisive.

This what I've thought about lately...

1) sell it for a 5.0
2) sell it for a nice fox and get a DD
3) sell it for another Cobra(I want SB, TR, or CO)

Don't bail on the yellow, man. It's a great color.
Keep your car and get a fox body to tool around in.

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Keep the Terminator! I had a 5.0 and while it was nice it did not feel like a muscle car. Hell trying to get the exhaust to sound good was tough. 5.0 just feels to much like a fast family car. Did I mention the #8 cylinder problems? You tune your warranty voids and you risk blowing the cylinder. I really hated that. 5.0 good motor but too delicate. You will regret it if you sell the Termi

mysticvenom623

Established Member
I have only been on the form for a few months and I am surprised this question keeps coming up. It's a personal perference.

Also, in some of the threads I see owners bashing the other car. I was driving with my duaghter last week in the Terminator and a new GT pulled up next to me. I told him that he had a nice car and he just laughed and speed off.

I always thought it was Ford vs whatever. Apparently not!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread