5.0 vs Terminator

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Hey guys. I was wondering those of you that have both, have came from a 5.0 to a cobra, and those who have went from a cobra to a 5.0.....what are your opinions on the two?

Lately I've been thinking about maybe picking up a 2013-14 GT.

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
this is just going to start another argument between the cobra fans and the 5.0 fans on what car is better. just go test drive a 5.0 and compare it to your cobra. both have their advantages over the other.

SVTDice

Established Member
Well don't be like me, Jump in your buddy's 5.0 and push down the clutch and freak out and think you broke his clutch cable. Because there is nothing there. Lol.

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
i know it may not be your intentions, but give it time and a argument will break out. always does. the way i look at it and im sure i will get some that agree and disagree. the cobra is easier to make power and cheaper obviously, bc it has a s/c and is built for boost. the 5.0 makes good hp n/a and has really good potential to make a lot of hp with boost if you have the money to throw at it. the cobra lacks the interior that the 5.0 has, but i love the looks of both. i love my 5.0 and will keep it for long trips and will someday build it and then someday i want a cobra, bc their bad ass and i've always loved them. they both are awesome cars. i say keep the cobra for a weekend warrior and shows and get the 5.0 for long trips and just to say you have both.

Last edited:

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Believe me if I could afford both I would. I'm very indecisive.

This what I've thought about lately...

1) sell it for a 5.0
2) sell it for a nice fox and get a DD
3) sell it for another Cobra(I want SB, TR, or CO)

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
Believe me if I could afford both I would. I'm very indecisive.

This what I've thought about lately...

1) sell it for a 5.0
2) sell it for a nice fox and get a DD
3) sell it for another Cobra(I want SB, TR, or CO)
if you sell it either get a 5.0 or a CO cobra. i love foxs, but just throw your money at a 5.0 or a cobra.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Do You want power or do you wanna look good? Terminator all the way.

Round 1:D

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
i'd say 5.0 for a comfy, easy to drive dd but plan to keep it for a while they loose value fast my buddys 12 gt c/s is basically worth as much as my cobra already. The corba puts a smile on my face every time i hit that gas and feel the whipple and hear that exhaust. 5.0 feels like a caddy easy to drive but still hauls pretty good.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
go down to your local ford dealership and test drive a 5.0. that way you will at least have an idea.

I test drove one before I bought another terminator, but I am sure that if I bought one I would be happy with it as well. nice car with good power.

cj428mach

Established Member
Do You want power or do you wanna look good? Terminator all the way.

Round 1:D

Why can't you have both? Get the Terminator.

I haven't driven the new 5.0's, but I've driven a lot of cars. There is no car I've ever enjoyed driving as much as the Cobra. I don't know if there will ever be a driving experience that can top driving the Terminator home driving through the Ozarks with the windows down. Its not alway about the mashing the throttle either. I can say I equally enjoy a casual drive down the road striking fear into every car on the road.:thumbsup:

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
It depends what you're looking for. If you want a more comfy daily, then the five oh would be better for you. But as for a great long lasting investment and overall killer car, keep the snake. I'm looking into just having a comfortable daily, and keeping the terminator as the weekend warrior for shows, track etc. good luck dude.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
go down to your local ford dealership and test drive a 5.0. that way you will at least have an idea.

I test drove one before I bought another terminator, but I am sure that if I bought one I would be happy with it as well. nice car with good power.

I highly recommend you do this. Try to test drive a 2013 GT. The two cars are very different. Remember that you're comparing a brand new car to a car that is 8-10 years old. The '13 GT is far better as far as comfort, ride, engineering, quality, etc. No comparison. But the Terminator will always be the Terminator. Some just have to have one. So it's really what YOU are looking for. If I was buying a muscle car for daily use, as much as I like the styling/appeal of the Terminator, I'd buy a brand new 5.0. Mainly because I wouldn't want a used car (personal preference) and I would want the superior engineering, comfort and quality.

There is plenty of room in this world for those who love the Terminator and would have nothing else, and those who love the new 5.0 Mustang. Pick you poison. It's a win-win! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread