$5,000 to spend.....help

crazyhorse89

Established Member
Ok everybody. I have a 2011 Grabber Blue base model GT that I bought in November. Unfortunitly my grandma passed away in December. Got a lil money from her and would like to spend some on the car. Her and Grandpa always liked seeing my Mustangs so I think she would want me to enjoy this one with hers and Grandpas help. So I have thought about going the appearence mod route, the bag it and throw some nice wheels on it. Get spray and other mods but it is my DD so I dont want to go nuts with it. Really considering the bags and nice wheel setup. So what would you guys and gals do?? I have already installed the Saleen upper and the Boss/CS lower with fogs.

Punisher1401

Established Member
blower gonna a bit more than 5k, when all said and done, Exhaust, sus, driveshaft, wheels and tires

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
blower gonna a bit more than 5k, when all said and done, Exhaust, sus, driveshaft, wheels and tires

you could get 100% complete paxton kits for under 4500 bucks on the for sale section. but op does not want power so it does not matter. :shrug:

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Get a set of 18" wheels with some good rubber, upgrade brake pads and head to the track every weekend for the summer!

08mojo

Established Member
Not sure if it's still for sale or not, but there was/is a nice set of coilovers in the market. They are the Eibach multi pro r2. I'm running the same coilovers on mine and they ride great. Full soft for street is very nice and full stiff transforms the car. Buyer was asking $1200.

Add some wheels and enjoy your nice cruiser. I'm in the same boat as you: just a nice looking car I can be proud of...but with potential for carving some corners.

08mojo

Established Member
Saw you posted in the velgen sale thread. Here's a pic to give you an idea of the velgen and coilovers:

2014GTSnow-40_zps66e76c84.jpg

clinton2003

Established Member
Give us a pic and more information on your mustang. Auto? Manual, Options? Gears?

there are many thing you can do to make it fun and pick up a bit more power.

What bags you looking at, the nice bag kits are upward of 5k....

Honestly A full suspension would be better for a daily driver, something thats adjustable so you can stiffen it up when you want, and make it soft again for daily driving.

Keep your stock CAI, it works rather well, and a Tune would be MUCH better placed Money, if you have a Auto, a Converter will make a HUGE difference (from what i understand) on how it feels. And or Gears, if you want an easy feel more power, get a set of gears. depending on your trans..

Wheels/Tires can get expensive. Get a complete set for 1500-2000, from respectable sites, and name brand stuff for much more than that.

5k sounds like a lot, but it can disappear VERY quick when it comes to modifications etc.

Last edited:

crazyhorse89

Established Member
Give us a pic and more information on your mustang. Auto? Manual, Options? Gears?

there are many thing you can do to make it fun and pick up a bit more power.

What bags you looking at, the nice bag kits are upward of 5k....

Honestly A full suspension would be better for a daily driver, something thats adjustable so you can stiffen it up when you want, and make it soft again for daily driving.

Keep your stock CAI, it works rather well, and a Tune would be MUCH better placed Money, if you have a Auto, a Converter will make a HUGE difference (from what i understand) on how it feels. And or Gears, if you want an easy feel more power, get a set of gears. depending on your trans..

Wheels/Tires can get expensive. Get a complete set for 1500-2000, from respectable sites, and name brand stuff for much more than that.

5k sounds like a lot, but it can disappear VERY quick when it comes to modifications etc.

Right i know how quick it can disappear. Have had many hotrods and mustangs latest being an 03 cobra. Like i said above its a 2011 base model. 6speed 3.31 rear gears. The digital air ride kit i am looking at is $3100. So not that bad. Would rather spend the money on big ticket items such as nice wheels and tires and maybe air ride. I can do the rest of my appearance mods down the road.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
you wanna know what the best thing you can do with 5 and you want to spend it on your car... is it paid off? making payments? take that 5k and put it towards what you owe... if it is payed off , put it in an IRA, if that is not needed for income tax reasons, save that and add to it to buy this.

2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT/Boss 302 Armageddon Twin Turbo System - Turbo Kits

alll that other crap dont matter... does your car not have wheels and tires, suspension parts... it has everything already except a pair of twins

Last edited:

Tyler72

Established Member
MGW for sure. Wheels & tires, and suspension. Those $1200 coilovers are no longer for sale... They are on their way to my house lol. But there was also another set of them for sale on here too for $1500.

Users who are viewing this thread